Model Cars Magazine Forum

16 hours ago, restoman said:

Dragged this out into the sunlight on the weekend...

The 24 year old paint is needing some attention, and has a few rust bubbles popping out around the rear window, so it's due for some attention this year.

I daily drove this bug through the months betwixt snow seasons for 6 or 7 years. Most fun car I've ever owned. Slowest, too. ;)

Don't think we've put more than a couple hundred miles on it in the last 10 years.

daily driver.jpg

That Pup is getting a little close for comfort. You know what they say about male dogs and shinny wheels. Hopefully he just wants to go for a ride also. 

6 hours ago, espo said:

That Pup is getting a little close for comfort. You know what they say about male dogs and shinny wheels. Hopefully he just wants to go for a ride also. 

SHE takes great offense!

Just kidding... Lola loves to ride in the Bug, but knows enough to not jump on the paint. Thankfully. :)

1 hour ago, restoman said:

SHE takes great offense!

Just kidding... Lola loves to ride in the Bug, but knows enough to not jump on the paint. Thankfully. :)

Tell her I'm sorry about the mistaken gender. My crude remark was meant to be tongue in cheek about male dogs that like to lift their leg on shinny wheels. I've had it happen all to often. They can destroy the chrome on a chrome wheel. 

13 hours ago, Adecoste said:

It was in a minor front end collision. the front valance pan under the grill was repaired and painted and the right headlight, trim ring, right marker light and grill were all replaced. I kind find the photos but I also did an all over on a TR3 a few years back. Since I own a classic car every time one comes into work its given to me haha.

Glad the damage wasn't too extensive and you were able to save it! Looks good as new in the photo. And that is a nice looking Celica you have too! I actually have a Toyota 5 speed gearbox in my TR6.  It is pretty common for TR6 owners to put Toyota W58 gearboxes (usually from Celicas) in their cars when the original 4 speed box gives out or they want to upgrade to a 5 speed. I got my W58 gearbox from a local junkyard about 6  years ago. They are considered pretty much indestructible compared to the original TR6 box. 

10 hours ago, Safire6 said:

Glad the damage wasn't too extensive and you were able to save it! Looks good as new in the photo. And that is a nice looking Celica you have too! I actually have a Toyota 5 speed gearbox in my TR6.  It is pretty common for TR6 owners to put Toyota W58 gearboxes (usually from Celicas) in their cars when the original 4 speed box gives out or they want to upgrade to a 5 speed. I got my W58 gearbox from a local junkyard about 6  years ago. They are considered pretty much indestructible compared to the original TR6 box. 

Thank you. I'd like to find a W58 for my car, it has the W50 in it now, originally it had the W40.

Here's the Minivan Dad bought this week, as well as the one he traded. The new one is a 2020 Grand Caravan SE Plus, and it is a stripper! Only power options are, the 3.6l Pentastar (not flex fuel, unfortunetly), windows, locks, and driver seat. It doesn't have the motorized doors like the old van did, but the driver side on the '06 quit working too, soooooo.  He wasn't happy with how it drove on the way home and felt it was too "floaty" and old school American Land Yacht like,  but we made a Portillo's run and I thought it drove fine and did run it nearly as hard as I would my 200 and about the same as I ran my Jeep back in the day and didn't notice that it felt too wobbly on curves for a heavy minivan though.

20200417_193155.thumb.jpg.d513527ea2f63a2759a46f676b26f996.jpg20200417_120824-1.jpg.b74c66c9c47c1a0c5d27d9208e3de5a0.jpg

And yes, that is snow in the second pic, it snowed here on Wednesday and Friday mornings this week in Northern Illinois

Picked this thing up on Friday. 1999 Tahoe LT. Zero rust, one owner, stack of regular maintenance records, relatively low km.

This has always been my favourite body style of truck/suv, and the pricing was crazy cheap. Could not turn this one down.

Not sure what I'll do with it, but it should keep me occupied for now.

Step one, figure out parking. As you can see, the driveway is full, and what you can't see is that the garage is full as well.

:)

20200417_172355.thumb.jpg.2b83537050b94b41364f6a1bad98d828.jpg

5 hours ago, grodudulle77 said:

Here are some pics of the regular truck that i drive every day . It’ a Scania 450 hp with a Fruehauf trailer.

6E59E615-C1D0-4E50-B934-A4D8994E6058.jpeg

B545D45A-AF44-4233-B91F-C808F23ADC92.jpeg

F59BFA1F-7746-40AE-B266-31C64C9FA717.jpeg

The European rigs look so much better than the klunkers around here. Wait for it, the hate mail is about to arrive in my in box.   

5 minutes ago, HomerS said:

Until a couple hours ago, a mint 2009 Pontiac G8.  The light turned green and the oncoming driver felt the need to make the left turn (there is no arrow light).  Still got the smell of the airbag in my nose

RIP 04 23 20.jpg

OOOO NOOOO! I love those cars. Just a little FIY. Don't settle for just having the car repaired. There will came a day when you want to sell or trade this and you will legally have to disclose this damage and it will effect it's value at that time.   Make her pay for her stupidity and get compensated as you should be for your lose.    

9 hours ago, grodudulle77 said:

Thank you David, we also have «  klunkers «  in France and not just a little ! ??

Maybe you just took it out of the car wash but you seem to keep a very clean machine.  My experience has been that cleanliness is the clearest indication of the professionalism of the driver.

1 hour ago, The Junkman said:

Maybe you just took it out of the car wash but you seem to keep a very clean machine.  My experience has been that cleanliness is the clearest indication of the professionalism of the driver.

Thank you for your comment Steve, i have taken pics when the both were brand new. I try to keep it clean as often as possible, it’s more motivating to work with a clean machine .?           Philippe.

7 hours ago, grodudulle77 said:

Thank you for your comment Steve, i have taken pics when the both were brand new. I try to keep it clean as often as possible, it’s more motivating to work with a clean machine .?           Philippe.

I drove a Tanker Truck for Union Oil Company for a while around 1970. The Tanks were Aluminum and unpainted and the rig had Aluminum Wheels. The rear of the trailer tanks had a slight convex curve to it. First I started polishing the Wheels when I had a little down time and I like how that looks anyway. I got in trouble with the Highway Patrol after I started polishing the back side of the Tanks. I wasn't the only one doing this and I had noticed on the road looking at other trucks that it was like driving toward a mirror. Well it was a bright shinny day and I guess the sun reflected off the rear of the tank and the reflection hit the State Trooper in the eyes. He didn't sight me but said I was to let the Aluminum oxidize and return to a dull finish.  To this day I still appreciate seeing someone who looks after their rig.