Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hmmmnn, Let's see ! A 2001 Chevy Silverado named " Sleek " . A 1985 Chevy high performance pickup called " The Old Girl " . And last , but certainly not least , the new toy ! A 1994 5.0 Mustang GT that is built quite a bit beyond what Ford had in mind back in the day .

I had completely forgotten what it was like to own a 5 speed bullet on wheels , what a rush !

'40 Dodge Pickup, ('39 Plymouth front fenders, hood and grille, 350/350 Chev, 10-bolt posi, power disc brakes, power steering, Mustang radiator, Postal jeep gas tank, camaro front clip, '75 Granada gas door with inside release located on driver's side rear fender, Autometer gauges, Coker wide whites on custom steelies with caps and rings - A mutt for sure, but it's a blast to drive.

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m577/qwtpshn/40%20Dodge/40.jpg

Looks like its been edited after being found out.

It wasn't edited out, I think the issue is the car is a C5 although it was not referred to as one.

It was described as "I have a 2009 Z06" which it clearly cannot be since the photos show a C5 ZO6 (hardtop) and a 2009 Corvette (including ZO6) would be a C6 (coupe). The last year for the C5 was 2004.

This is a 2009 (C6) ZO6 for comparison...

nick-f-3.jpg

Glad that is cleared up, at least as to the basic visual differences between C5 and C6 Corvettes... It was probably just a typo anyway.

Yeah, but sometimes it's a bolt you can't get to. :unsure:

Too true. When I changed the clutch on mine I had all my power tools on hand. Hardly used them. Even using a ratchet was difficult for many fasteners. Good old box and open end wrenches were needed to do the lion's share of the work. It was built like a tractor and repairs seem to be designed to be done with what you'd have found on the farm in the 60's.

The cool part, you don't need many tools to work on them, the bummer part, it takes a while to do some jobs on it...