Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here's my "Garage", such as it is... We don't even have a driveway, much less a garage! From the front, there's my daily driver, a Victory Red 5-speed 2006 Cobalt SS, followed by the Lemonwood Yellow 1966 Corvair Monza Sport Coupe that I had to sell a couple of years ago due to the Obama economy. I miss that car. Better than 220 horses at the wheels in a 2,600 lb car is enough to put most 5.0 Mustangs on the trailer. I was 13-0 with it against them myself and a good friend beat out another one when I let him try it out. That's TWO 250 lb guys in the car at the time! And it's suspension was modded to handle the engine's performance, to the extent that I once ran away and hid from a BMW Z-4 on a twisty back road in the Pocono Mountains. Finally, there's my wife's 2005 Chevy Malibu Maxx.

001.jpg

2008 Suzuki Swift in arctic blue.

Since I am 6'3" and over weight, my colleagues refuse to believe I fit in the car. Not only do I fit, but I can drive with my battered Fedora on, and still have about an inch of head room above the hat. It's amazingly big inside, unless you are counting the boot, which is very small...

In the past I have had a 1989 Mitsubishi Galant, and a 1980 Mazda 929L (that's the one with a 2l 4cyl in and engine bay big enough to fit a small block... if only I could have afforded the small block when I was at uni... if only it wasn't stollen and written off by drunken teens, I might have a low rider V8 929L today... or maybe it'd have fallen apart. It was older than me...)

Any pic of your Swift Pudding?

If those were in the US, I'd bought one instead of my Mazda3.

Well, Maybe.. :D

Dang Jordan. I hate it when ya Show off your Baja..

I Love it and would love a chance to drive yours.. :D

Great looking Dodge Jayhkr

Nice looking Tiburon Dave but the 55 Chevy is AWESOME!!!!!

How did ya get the VW in the house rmvw guy? :lol:

The New VW Beetle looks more Porsche like and I like that look..

PursuitGT, Your Pursuit looks great and I like it all Stickered out

Ya Gotta Love model builders cause we all love cars and our own cars just as much..

Here's a small pic of of my 1-1 car. This was taken about 3 weeks back when it was still cold here. Lately it's been in the 60-70's. Really strange weather for this area so early in the year. It's a FORD F-150 extended cab, with 107,000 miles on it. I have had it now for 10 years.

CB004.jpg

license_20071112101226_94639.jpg

Dang Jordan. I hate it when ya Show off your Baja..

I Love it and would love a chance to drive yours.. :D

Haha thanks, it certainly does get the attention when I drive it! :P

Only thing I wish is when I bought the wheels and tires, that I put a bit smaller street tires on the rear rather than the all-terrains, since they probably aren't the best for a low-horsepower engine. :lol:

I have so far counted members owning 3 Corvairs! Wow.

I learned to drive in a '66 Corsa manual box btw.

I'd love to see a pic of that car, Jairus... and maybe a sketch or two of what you would do with a Corvair model! I missed out on the CBP based on your artwork last year, but I'd love to take a crack at a gen-u-wine Jairus Watson Corvair!