Model Cars Magazine Forum

since where all car modelers here, lets find out what we all drive everyday.

this is'nt a picture of mine but its identically. my Truck is a 2001 Ranger XL, wiith 50,000 original miles. 2.3 ltr. 4cyl. its a base model, no A/C, no power anything. only factory options are cloth seats, trailer package, and a dealer installed bedliner. its just a nice basic truck. and its a bit of a project truck. since I have plans for it.

1122328.jpg

Mods:
JVC MP3/CD player, to replace the terrible AM/FM stock radio
lebra Tonneau cover
AVS Vent shades

Future plans:
conversion to edge body style (front bumper and rear bumper)
Ranger Thunderbolt grill
6" lift,
Alcoa wheels.
I SOLD IT, December 2008

2003 Dodge Durango. Optioned similiarly to the 2wd 5.9L R/T just doesn't have the body color grille and 17" wheels.

Future mods are possibly a Hotchkis full vehicle system, wheels/tires and even more remotely a supercharger. Right now my wife drives it more than I do as it'll haul all three kids and the requisite gear that goes with them.

e9ccc6ce.jpg

Guest roadkill2525

car11.jpg

I don't have pictures of mine right now, but this is pretty much the same.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC Z/28 T-top

Flame Red with gold lettering

305ci/5.0L TPI

700-R4 Automatic transmission with B&M Megashifter

Magnaflow exhaust

16x8 stock wheels with gold paint between spokes

Sandstone tan interior

Grant GT Rally wheel with Grant removable steering wheel kit

Dash mounted Kiddie auto fire extinguisher

I know nothing about the stereo the previous owner put in

Replaced items

Both inner door handles

Water pump

Jeg's 140-amp alternator

Driver's side spoiler cap - spoiler to be repainted flat black

Driver's side tail light - replaced it today in the rain

Plan to turn it into a Anti-California car, Just say NO to catalytic converters

Daily driver is a '95 Olds Achieva. No mods.

Project car is an '88 Mustang hatchback with 2.3 liter inline 4. No mods yet, but I have an '89 5.0 convertible for its drivetrain. I'll swap in the 5.0 and drive it like that while building a big-inch small block based on a World products 351 block. It's going to have some serious hp but it will be a comfortable driver too. I want a creme-colored leather interior for it. I'm thinking medium candy blue for the exterior.

car11.jpg

I don't have pictures of mine right now, but this is pretty much the same.

1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC Z/28 T-top

Flame Red with gold lettering

305ci/5.0L TPI

700-R4 Automatic transmission with B&M Megashifter

Magnaflow exhaust

16x8 stock wheels with gold paint between spokes

Sandstone tan interior

Grant GT Rally wheel with Grant removable steering wheel kit

Dash mounted Kiddie auto fire extinguisher

I know nothing about the stereo the previous owner put in

Replaced items

Both inner door handles

Water pump

Jeg's 140-amp alternator

Driver's side spoiler cap - spoiler to be repainted flat black

Driver's side tail light - replaced it today in the rain

Plan to turn it into a Anti-California car, Just say NO to catalytic converters

Great minds think alike!!!

my 1:1 project car is an '88 IROC, 305 TPI, 5spd..

car is factory medium gray metallic with light gray interior

options are T-Tops, cassette(till i get it running and swap my cd player in it), a/c, and the 16" rims, nuthin else!!

no power windows, no tilt, no cruise, no power locks, car even has rear drum brakes with aluminum drums

current mods are:

comp pro-magnum 1.6 roller rockers with new comp pushrods

rebuilt heads

removed egr valve

removed a.i.r. system and smog pump

msd coil

hooker shorty headers

crane adjustible fuel pressure regulator

custom cat-back to be built when car is running

will also get custom burned e-prom w/ dyno tuning

and car also has already recieved the "anti-california" modification

daily driver is my company car, a 2006 dodge magnum, white with the 2.7l v6 turd powerplant.

My current daily driver is the 2006 Pontiac G6 coupe. This car is already 14 months old and it has been a real joy! I have to admit I'm impressed with it because it has decent performance yet it's doing 27-28 miles per gallon!

My wife's daily driver and our weekend getaway/grocery getter/errand runner etc is the 2001 Toyota Highlander in the background. That sucker is over 100,000 miles already and it has only required oil changes, tires, a battery and a widshield wiper!!!

The Vette is of course my toy. It's a 1970 never ending project car. If I hit the lotto, I'd send it to those restoration shops for an NCRS style job :o In the meantime, it's a fun tire screecher :) Unfortunately, I don't have as much time as I would like to work on it and drive it. Sometimes it is even months before I can take it out for a spin. :cry:

DSCF1531b.jpg

And finally, my very first car, which I still own. A 1979 Toyota Corolla Deluxe. It's been with me since I was a freshman at college. The eternal family backup car, which have never let anybody down. Just like the Vette, I don't have much time to drive it but when I do, I'm 18 all over again :D

Toyota.JPG

I don't have a pic but my very first NEW car, a 1993 Chevy Cavalier is still kicking around in the hands of my father in law. And yes, it is also blue :D

And there was a blue Lumina as well..... Guess what my favorite car color is?

Thanks,

Daily driver for almost 7 years now is an '00 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4. 78k miles now.

My weekend toys are an '87 Mustang GT (63k, had since new) and a '96 BMW M3 (55k miles).

I'm probably going to get something new in the next year or so.

Here's my 2001 GMC Sierra HD2500. It's got an 8.1 liter (496 ci) with an Allison 5 speed auto. All options and I've added exhaust, a K&N air box and a computer chip. It tows my 30 ft travel trailer like it not there.

Realrides004.jpg

Here's my project, a '64 Cutlass. It doesn't look like much yet. I've replaced the trunk floor, installed a 12 bolt posi with oversized drums, new trailing arms and sway bar. Plans this summer are to remove the 330 V-8 and start rebuilting the front suspension and add larger disc brakes. Yes that is a 455 on the stand that will be rebuilt one day. I'm shooting for the 500 hp range.

Realrides003.jpg

DSCN1498-vi.jpg

The '60 Impala on the Model Car Garage photoetch header card WAS my actual hobby car for a few years. I sold it some time ago. Had a 348 with single Rochester 4 barrel.

My daily driver is, at the moment a 2001 Ford Ranger with every possible option. Most of the options don't work anymore and I'm about to get a new(er) car. I do VERY HIGH mileage and cars usually last me 2 1/2 - 3 years.

This is one of my summer drivers, for fun days. Awful little cars. :D

< <

< <

< <

< <

< <

Needs a lot of TLC, but we should have it as done as it's going to be by the end of this summer.

My summer daily driver.

Picked up this '94 Caprice wagon from a 90 year old WWII war vet with 272,000km on it. He traded it in, wanted a smaller car. The car was near new, requiring very little work. His wife told me it was getting a little ratty, couldn't find a thing wrong with it, you could have eatin' off the motor.

RandyCaprice.jpg

Took it up to the VetteWorks the week we got it for the black paint, and few minor changes. They removed and filled the rocker panels, and did a general once over. Then it was down to Connery Custom Paint for the flames, then back up to the VetteWorks for the candy,clear coat, and final sanding.

We then dropped the car 2" in the front, and 3" in the rear, tinted the glass, and got the stereo(kids figured it needed that) These are great cars, maybe one that got over looked. Comes with an LT1 stock, and R700. Gets 30 miles to the gallon on the highway, and I can put an 8'X4' piece of plywood in the back, and close the door. We put 27,000km on it the first 4 months we had it on the road. This may be the most fun car I've had. I've got a not so nice version of it for winter driving too, I just like these cars. And hey, it's not a minivan

2 of my old daily drivers are waiting in the wings for restoration. A '68 Firebird convert(my first car), and a '66 GTO(biggest car I could find after I got run over in my Mini). How that I have a real job, it will be a little harder to find time for them. But we'll get there.

my current stable includes:

1996 nissan 240 sx bought new in 1996, lowered and suspension tuned but otherwise stock

1991 british racing green miata, lowered, suspension tuned etc

1985 toyota land cruiser fj60, chevy 350 with efi and non-usa 5 speed, lifted, rear locker, lots of other mods, used for desert exploration mostly (death valley, utah, arizona) in a never ending quest for petroglyph/pictographs/ruins from vanished civilization, and occasional runs to mainland mexico and central america for jungle exploration

1958 lotus seven type 1, long term restoration and road race car.

recently sold:

1975 VW Thing with two litre 914 motor and running gear among other mods

1954 MGTF that i had owned since 1965, my first car.

I'll play, we kinda have a fleet at the Kolankiewicz farm...

My daily driver is a Black '99 Monte Carlo Z34. But I don't really have a good pic of it.. My wife's car is a Black '00 Cougar v6 with a 5 speed.

Then we have the "Yellow Sub" '68 Impala (pictured with my Mom's '07 Corvette in the background).

IMG_1357-vi.jpg

Then we have the latest aquisition "Harvey" the RV. A 1982 Champion TranStar Motorhome. We just did 4 days at the Gulf Coast in it, ran flawlessly.

IMG_1331-vi.jpg

Then we have "Chuck" the truck. 1979 Chevy Silverado LWB. Good to have when you need to haul stuff around. (this one has Harvey in it to compare size)

IMG_1334-vi.jpg

And we'll include this one too...my Dad doesn't want to be left out, here's his '05 GTO (from the dealership).

6G2VX12U35L38815231-vi.jpg

It's tough to get them all together, would like a "true" group shot. This one's close...

IMG_1360-vi.jpg

I guess you can say we're "Car Crazy"

• Like 1

My daily driver, an '01 Tundra.

IMG_3269.jpg

My ongoing project since '91, a 1960 Austin-Healey Bugeye Sprite. It's completely original except for the wheels, and a full restoration with a 1275 is planned, sometime down the road. My son, in the photo, is now 16 and wants to drive it. :shock: scan0008-1.jpg

I drive a 95 Dodge Ram SWB. Its lowered and has thick sway bars front and back. Its got a V6 with a Magnaflow muffler that dumps out the right side. I drive it like a 2 ton gokart. :D

My wife drives a 05 Hemi Magnum. Its Black. nuf said. 8)

A 55 chev 210 Del Ray is displacing air in my garage. It needs work. And money. :D

My daily driver is this 2001 S-10 ZR2. Bought it off my brother, who bought it new, and both of us are about as anal as people can be about upkeep and keeping our vehicles clean. Because of that, you could probably eat off the underside of this thing.

P1010159-vi.jpg

Now the fun....

My weekend and nice days car. 1984 Corvette I bought for a song. A mechanic I worked with at the time was doing a complete drivetrain swap in this when one of those huge ice-age type icicles broke off his roof and went through the hood, putting about an 8 inch diameter hole in the hood and puncturing the tire! The top of the icicle hit the windshield with such force, it cracked the windshield and completely blew out the window in the driver side door! Needless to say, he was extremely frustrated (to say the least) and the next day came to work and offered for sale to me because I had been bugging him for weeks to sell me the car cheap, which up until that point, he wasn't willing to do. SCORE!

A few replacement parts and a paint job later, and I had a nice weekend car that I drove for 7 years.

Then I decided to go all out on it. I had a 350 in my garage for a past defunct project that had been punched out 30 over. The crank was cut 10 under and polished. 10.5:1 compression pistons and a set of monster heads rounded the block out. I bought an '85 Vette that had been totaled from a rear hit, and took the TPI system and all the wiring from it and replaced the awful cross-fire system that was on mine.

A new Torch Red paint job (it was that disgusting 2-tone silver prior) and a nice new tan interior was all it needed. I had it run on the portable dyno that is at the local car show every weekend, and it was pushing 425hp! And it hasn't even been properly tuned yet! With the new Billy Boat exhaust I have coming, and a proper tuning, it should really be a monster.

Not bad for a $1300 car :lol:

P1010114-vi.jpg