Model Cars Magazine Forum

So, Harry...when did you decide to change from Dirty Harry to Magic Harry?

Check Casey's pinned thread about offensive avatars.

I figured we shouldn't be asking the forum members to use inoffensive avatars when the mods (me, specifically) have an avatar that could be seen as offensive by some.

So I went from dirty Harry to magic Harry! :lol:

5000$ for a 56 Continental MKII :o That was a 10000$ car back when it was put on sale.

Here are pictures of the MKII the day found it in a old warehouse in Temple, PA. $5,100 car was a great price, I had to replace the interior and repair the driver side hood spring. The was 99% complete with the exception of the Continental lettering on the hood and trunk and the wheel covers. Everthing has been replace with exception of the wheel covers which are $1,000.00 each for new old stock covers. Original Paint and chrome. Runs and drives like new. Just doesn't fit in my garage, so it in storage in Brooklyn NY waiting for the summer.

Edited by Porscheman

I have a 2007 Mazda CX7 with 197,000 mile, the wife a 99 Continental with 206,000 mile. Now for my pride and joys, a 56 Continental MKII totally unrestored (see picture the day I got it for $5,100.00 in PA) and a 82 Porsche 928S 5spd with NOS.

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Al

Your MKII is beautiful. We have an Elvis impersonator here who drives a white one ;) BUT........nos on a 928??? Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Here are pictures of the MKII the day found it in a old warehouse in Temple, PA. $5,100 car was a great price, I had to replace the interior and repair the driver side hood spring. The was 99% complete with the exception of the Continental lettering on the hood and trunk and the wheel covers. Everthing has been replace with exception of the wheel covers which are $1,000.00 each for new old stock covers. Original Paint and chrome. Runs and drives like new. Just doesn't fit in my garage, so it in storage in Brooklyn NY waiting for the summer.

Great find and a wonderful car. I think there are 2 or 3 cars here Norway,and i know for sure one is not running. This and the 58 Cadillac Brougham is on my top 10 list of favorite american cars. Thanks for sharing the story and pictures.

Edited by om617

Your MKII is beautiful. We have an Elvis impersonator here who drives a white one ;) BUT........nos on a 928??? Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Here's pics of the restored interior of the MK and 928 and 1 taken last weekend of the MK. The NOS bottle in the 928 is located under the spare and switch is located on the drivers side floor board.

Thank you for the nice comments on my 2 loves.

A;

The 928 is a great touring car...nos would make it very interesting when you wanted to kill off some Mustang or ricer, but the thought of dynamiting a Porsche engine is painful. On the MK II: I had an old aunt who drove a MK I (1946 I believe), and took my brother and I to the movies in it when we were in L.A. about 1959-60. It was cool, but what a tank. My first "want" model was the MK II. It wasn't really a buildable model, but my aunt got one of the dealer promo models...cream with red interior. That Continental kit on the back was the best.

You sure about that Richard?hardtail? hahaha..doesn't Ridderkerk have 'straatklinkers'and 'verkeersdrempels'

the Suzuki is nice though..fun and affordable...i had a Suzbike in the past...GSX 1100rr..with Yoshimura exhausts and camshafts, Dynojetkit..had a topspeed of just over 320km/h..a 1988 model..the last of the 'no mercy for the rider' kind..no handling or brakes just 180+ hp on the rear tire

yes we have speedbumps :lol: but i dont care :P

and i started on fast bikes , had 2 old model suzuki grxR's the ones with the round double headlight , a kawasaki zx7R with custom 3 peice lightweight wheels and tuned engine ... but a few years back i sold that and just didnt buy afast bike anymore ..

i need my licensefor work and these days its just to riskfull .. you know what i mean .. so much speedtraps over here now ....

before my son was born my wife always rode on the back , we always suited up and ....

fun thing is in a car she always whines about speed and .. on the back of a bike she didnt mind how hard i went :lol:

oohh the good old days .. this story makes me want to buy a fast bike again .. if i would it would be a naked version .. without the tub you wont be so tempted to go real fast ... real fast is anything above the 200 km/h mark ... the fasted i drove a bike was 290 km/h and the needle was tickking at the end of the dial ..

that was the tuned kawa .. maybe it was like 300 km/h because when hitting the end of the dials it still pulled slightly

a slight note to the above > that was on a completly empty highway on a sunday ... i never was the kind of guy to shoot through traffic and pull dangerous stunts ..

driving a bike imo also means you have to use it wisely :lol:

Edited by crazyrichard

as well as the 11 Camaro posted earlier in this topic, Ive got an 06 Magnum r/t - Tuned hemi- CAI, FLowmaster Super 44s, 6.1 manifolds/mids, reso delete, Underdrive pulley, and a few other goodies. Just got it back from the body shop yesterday

0928538C-D541-47AD-A4C9-5A75854F52D8-518

Edited by mademan

i also have a fun project just to tinker with a oldtimer honda cm 250 i could buy for almost nothing and totally original and running perfect

bought it like this , no road tax its a official oldtimer , adn very low budget with old parts from several honda bikes started to change it

dsc05008h.jpg

took a oldskool honda dirtbike front wheel (much bigger) and redid the drumbrake and painted it

1008550.jpg

dropped the rear to the ground with hagon shocks , thought of hardtailing it but i just wanted to make it in a simple grocery getter

its just as hard now as a hardtail these shocks are almost solid lol

1008775r.jpg

1008779s.jpg

1008777.jpg

then went for more black , lowered front legs , rubber sleeves , painted teh headlight black

that handlebars are not .. just for a test on hight

1009497f.jpg

1009498.jpg

low stance and a very small bike , i'm riding that with a hoody / sneakers and a metal flake helmet

1009503g.jpg

1009507c.jpg

rear wheel painted black

1009523.jpg

so well this summer i need to continue it , needs a new fatter front tyre , going to black it out but do the tins in metal flake

some flake grips and footpegs ..

al in all so far this whole bike cost me 500€ thats purchase , parts and all thats roughly just under 650 us dollar but that gave me a lot of fun :lol:

that's one sweet lookin bike :)

MVC006S1-vi.jpg

My daughter recently bought a 2011 Ford Fusion so the gold 1999 Plymouth Breeze made it back into my fleet. I bought her the Breeze as her college car, with 34,000 miles on it for $4300.. 8 years ago. Right now it has 138,000 miles on it and runs great. So my wife will drive it to work for now. The red Breeze was mine for years. I got it with 29,000 miles on it for $4200, 7 years ago. I drove the heck out of it and then my other daughter drove it to work for awhile. She blew the engine last year at 188,000 miles. The Breezes were a heck of a value, decent to drive and very dependable.

Here is my 1:1 daily driver. I bought this 96 Caddy Seville STS a little over 2 years ago whenit has 86,000 miles. It now has 136,000. I drive 80 miles round trip to get to work so I wanted something comfortable....& it gets an average combined city & highway mileage of over 24 MPG with a 300 HP Northstar V8.

96SevilleSTS_zps098b3559.jpg

96SevilleSTS1_zps02fb5b35.jpg

96SevilleSTS3_zps20dd63b4.jpg

Thanks Charlie. It turns purple at night under the street lights. this is actually the second STS that I've owned...I had a 93 before this one that was a black cherry color. Great handling cars, comfy ride & loads of horsepower ;)

Thanks Charlie. It turns purple at night under the street lights. this is actually the second STS that I've owned...I had a 93 before this one that was a black cherry color. Great handling cars, comfy ride & loads of horsepower ;)

Nice STS..always liked that generation of them. I have an '11 STS, the last year of production...love it.

My daily driver is this Brazilian built 1974 Ford Galaxie 500:

6296190746_4b4a4c2efb_z.jpg
The stripes are back. by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

6295662551_bd18c11041_z.jpg
The stripes are back. by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

Factory original 292 V8, with some speed mods:

8196668004_c18017a7ac_z.jpg
The "B" Intake manifold in place by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

8196670290_82c4647975_z.jpg
The "B" Intake manifold in place by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

Also have this one, a 1982 Galaxie Landau, unrestored original, with factory paint, and 78.000 kilometers from the factory.

6454844067_9293e06b10_z.jpg
Saturday at the gas station by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

4410360201_ed19fd89c6_z.jpg?zz=1
1982 Galaxie Landau by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

4410360061_1029884e63_z.jpg?zz=1
1982 Galaxie Landau by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

Also have this 2001 Focus as a back up car:

6522336433_f6988dc936_z.jpg
2001 Focus by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr

And a '98 Chevy S-10:

4461433457_2bdd1b1293_z.jpg?zz=1
1998 Chevy S10 by Lovefordgalaxie, on Flickr