Model Cars Magazine Forum

My daily driver is a 2006 Civic Si, but my weekend toy/cruiser is a 69 Nova that's been a Long Hauler on the 99 Hot Rod Power Tour, was on the cover of Hot Rod in April 99, been in Car Craft, Chevy High, and Fastest Street Car magazines. The engine build was featured on maxchevy.com. 8 years ago it ran 9's with a little nitrous; the current engine runs on pump gas and has run 6.63 in the 1/8 (10.40's in 1/4) It's driven to the track, and usually driven home! Sorry about the photo, my wife didn't know how to adjust for the lack of light as it got dark!

IMG_9380-vi.jpg

This is one of the cars from The Funny Car Farm that I'm involved with, we'll have it at The March Meet this year:

IMG_4636-vi.jpg

post-4002-1233101746_thumb.jpg

post-4002-1233101980_thumb.jpg

Edited by bowtie0069

I finally have a 1.1 vehicle. Its a 2000 Chevy Silverado 1500 with about 55,000 miles on it. It use to belong to my grandparents and they only drove it when the went out of town. It started to get hard for my grandpa to park it so they bought an 08 colorado and sold this to me. It sucks that I dont have my license though :D

mytruck001.jpg

mytruck002.jpg

mytruck003.jpg

This is my daily driver it's my 2006 Cadillac DTS 6.0 Supercharged with night vision. Tripple black. I also have a 2007 Impala LS.

blackwidow.jpg

2000 GMC Yukon Limited.

9006778e.jpg

And a few of my other toys.

pics039.jpg

And both my babys.

a1e23d63.jpg

46ef0310.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Monday I picked up this little guy with the sole intention of making a small profit. It's a '68 Austin-Healey Sprite Mk. IV with 58,000 miles. All she needs is a fuel pump, and that'll happen today or tomorrow. I'd love to keep the little guy, but I need to make some cash.

_MG_1663.jpg

I don't own a car, but I drive my parents' cars. Does that count? B)

My dad has a 2005 Chevy Lacetti/Optra. Fine car. Made under GM. Daewoo. :) I was wishing for an American Muscle though.. ;)

Only problem is that this car is more for cruising, not rough driving. I have to floor the pedal very hard before it actually kicks a few gears down. And that Korean developed engine (1.6l) doesn't seem to improve matters a lot. The car would have been more fun if it was a manual, but then it would be something like Top Gear UK. "where's my third??" . And the local importers did not bring in that version. jeez

DSC01517.JPG

DSC01518.JPG

Some shots of the Korean Chevy. :P

Monday I picked up this little guy with the sole intention of making a small profit. It's a '68 Austin-Healey Sprite Mk. IV with 58,000 miles. All she needs is a fuel pump, and that'll happen today or tomorrow. I'd love to keep the little guy, but I need to make some cash.

_MG_1663.jpg

Well, I think this is probably my favorite car in this whole thread....as I am HUGE into classic sports cars and we have a MKI SPrite so I like this Spridget. I wish I could buy it. She's a nice one, does the 1275 riun nice? I'm asking because it only has 58,000! :o Lucas didn't seem to get a good hand on this!

I really need to see more pics of this one. :lol:

I second that :)

Eric, those Lacetti's are doing great in BTCC and WTCC..etc. It's a shame the road cars, like this aren't....the Top Gear quote is awsome. ;)

All she needs is a fuel pump, and that'll happen today or tomorrow. I'd love to keep the little guy, but I need to make some cash.

Sell it quick before it needs something else!!!! :)

I got to drive one of these a couple years ago and can see the appeal. Nice car.

Well, I think this is probably my favorite car in this whole thread....as I am HUGE into classic sports cars and we have a MKI SPrite so I like this Spridget. I wish I could buy it. She's a nice one, does the 1275 riun nice? I'm asking because it only has 58,000! B) Lucas didn't seem to get a good hand on this.

Yeah, Nick, it runs really nice. We cleaned the plugs, points and cap contacts, primed the carbs and it fired right off. As for the electrics, now you know why Sir William Lucas was always referred to as 'The Prince of Darkness". ;)

my 1:1 project car is a 1993 300zx non-turbo:

DSC_9785.jpg

mods so far: is 1999 JDM tail lights and front corner lights. (pic taken before lights installed)

remove rear wiper motor and arm, plugged that hole.

removed radio antenna and motor.

Upcoming mods:

Twin turbo conversion, predicted to push 500 hp to the wheels

brand new black leather and blue suede interior.

Volk TE-37 rimes, 18"x11" rear 17"x9.5" front

my 1:1 daily driver is a 2003 hyundai elantra.

DSC03498.jpg

Mods include cold air intake, custom cut and painted grill, HID headlights and im making a cust LED tail light assembly for it

My drive at this time is an inherited 1998 toyota corrolla, black with the luxury options. Great gas mileage with synthetic oil, EFI and small enough for those tight parking spaces. My other cars through the ages: 1964 Buick LeSabre station wagon with a 401 nailhead. Great for those sidewinding burnouts. 1959 VW bug with wide whites. 1970 VW bug with dual port heads, headers, 3/4 race cam and a Holley 2bbl. 1968 VW bus with 2300cc killer motor and a few tickets. 1972 Camaro 350/350 bhp, stock appearing. 1982 Scirocco with turbo Wolfsburg edition. 1970 Toyota longbed with dual sidedraft carbs and headers. Most of these cars I had no intention on buying so I fixed them up and sold them!

I want those rims on my Z until i can afford the Volks! nice, clean car you got there.

Those are the stock 2008 G37 rims and I would expect they would have a good chance of fitting a Z, being basically the same vehicles.

I think Infiniti comes up with some great looking rims. These I love, as did I the rims on the 2003 G35 before this one.

Edited by Foxer

Those are the stock 2008 G37 rims and I would expect they would have a good chance of fitting a Z, being basically the same vehicles.

I think Infiniti comes up with some great looking rims. These I love, as did I the rims on the 2003 G35 before this one.

they do fit, the 350z and G35 are bult on the same chassis, and 370 and G37 are based of those, and those four, plus the Z32 (300zx) all have a 5x114mm bolt pattern. the G series all have some beautiful rims. probably the best stock rims i've seen aside from the new GT-R and on of the newer model 350Z's rims.

i've seen a Z around SD with G35 rims. i would have to look into the offset though. but regardless, at the moment i'm broke and the Z needs some TLC to get her back on the road again, so rims are last on the list.

Foxer, you're my hero considering most are afraid to drive those in the snow, let alone...a lot of cars.

My drive at this time is an inherited 1998 toyota corrolla, black with the luxury options. Great gas mileage with synthetic oil, EFI and small enough for those tight parking spaces. My other cars through the ages: 1964 Buick LeSabre station wagon with a 401 nailhead. Great for those sidewinding burnouts. 1959 VW bug with wide whites. 1970 VW bug with dual port heads, headers, 3/4 race cam and a Holley 2bbl. 1968 VW bus with 2300cc killer motor and a few tickets. 1972 Camaro 350/350 bhp, stock appearing. 1982 Scirocco with turbo Wolfsburg edition. 1970 Toyota longbed with dual sidedraft carbs and headers. Most of these cars I had no intention on buying so I fixed them up and sold them!

Wow, now that's my style, the wagon with one of my favorite V8's the nailhead.

But if you want me to stop bugging post up pics, especially of the Bugs, Scirocco, and the Pickup, that just sounds cool, want to sell any? ;)

PICTURES MAN PICTURES!! :)

Edited by Nick F40