Model Cars Magazine Forum

Agent G

When I first got our Charger on the 350 mile trip home it did around 22 to 23 mpg, but I could really care less. I did not buy it for the MPG as much as the MPH. :)

With the aftermarket mods and a predator 93 CIA tune it is a blast to drive. I wish I could have gone with a SRT but the budget just would not allow it and with a baby on the way a Challenger was a hard sell to the wife.

She does love the Charger.

Thank you Roger, that is what I wanted to hear.

Chris, I fully understand your position as I have been there, done that, with the kid thing. My BIL has a Challenger and it is cool, but somehow it doesn't "do it" for me.

Jonathan, yes I am looking at a new Charger as well. As you have learned I am a "wide bodied " individual, and comfort is key as the years advance. :lol:

Decisions decisions decisions.......................

G

Edited by Agent G

My daily driver is an 04 Lincoln Town Car.

My toys are ......

1972 Gran Torino with 351 cleveland that I have had since '84

1960 Ford Starliner, my favorite car. I was finally able to get one a cpl years ago

1952 Ford Customline. 25,000 mile original with flathead V8 and Fordomatic trans.

Torino.jpg

StarlinerRF.jpg

CustomlineR.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Raisin

Hmm... Compared with what you building there is a whole lot of Japanese cars here. I'll try to change that.

That was my very first car. I drove her 350000 kilometers in 8 years, and eventually gave as a present for my cousin on his 18th birthday, so he could commute to the university.

foto0179.jpg

Since I needed a car, I got one that did fit my bill. A 1975 Ford Taunus. Zero electronics, Zero electrics (minus lights of course)

000.jpg

I drove it every day for about two years, and then I found that it was too good, and that was a great reason to buy a second car, so Taunus doesn't have to be on the road the whole year. Now it is just a plain nice weather/summer car that I use as often as I can.

The daily driver for the next years was found cheap, and served me for the next 3 years and about 100000 kilometers with no breakdowns whatsoever. A 1982 Ford Granada:

pict4887.jpg

Since the European Granada is the best car ever made, the only reasonable thing was to get a 1976 as a stationwagon. You always need a stationcar.

pict2500.jpg

Then I thought that three cars are more than enough. I was wrong, the whole fun begins when you own at least five.

1960 Cadillac Sedan DeVille. Because every man on this planet should plant a tree, build a house, and own a V8. So I got the bggest one I could find.

pict4153.jpg

After the Cadillac it kind of happened that I got one of these. 1986 Citroen 2CV, 2 cylinder boxer, and as simple as a car can get.

ente1.jpg

Then I have seen an old Volvo commercial with a 1960ies Amazon, and they claimed that "you can drive it as you hate it", and that was what I wanted to find out for myself. So I just did.

00000.jpg

You can see where this is going, at this point there were not enough Fords in my garage, so I hunted down this bad girl:

pict4176.jpg

This is a 1977 Ford Granada Coupe with a V6 engine. I got it from the second owner, an old gentleman, and he following three months I transformed it to a daily driver par exelence, and I have been using it ever since every single day:

img_6855.jpg

Then a dude wanted to get rid of a 1981 Ford Fiesta. Look in the papers, the car was born on 6th of May 1981. Just like myself. How could I resist?

pict5641.jpg

And then there is this girl. She is one of a kind. The colors bodystyle and the engine/trans combo makes this 1977 two door the rarest Granada on this planet.

00.jpg

I think that is all I have in my garage today...

Dang MrZombie.. Ya got the market cornered for Cool cars in Danmark. :D

Okay, we've seen my Daily Driver (2012 Skyactiv Mazda3 5dr with CorkSport Catback exhaust (it puts the Zoom in the

Zoom Zoom Zoom :D) .

My other car I don't get to drive since she likes it so whatcha gonna do?

06 Suzuki Aerio SX awd

newtiresof20102055016s.jpg

and my Favorite toy in the toybox is my 95 Suzuki SideKick

trackerinsnow.jpg

With 95 octane fuel now costing the equivalent of $7.50 a gallon out here it doesn't get much use

Here 95 is 2,16 dollars for a litre when it's cheap. That is 8,64 a gallon. More or less. That is why I have a V6 for every day. Gotta' drive 'em as long as one can pay for this stuff!

I'm a car guy. I used to carry a pic of either one of my model cars, and / or my 1:1 car in my wallet. Not my wife. :wacko:

True story.

So my earlier post was just expressing my amusement that some have no pic of their ride. No intent to be rude, or to point out any one person. Sometimes, we just need to laugh at ourselves! :lol:

Altho, my wife wasn't laughing when she found out the one photo in my wallet... wasn't her! :rolleyes::wub::P

So tomorrow, as I referred to before, go to your nearest local inconvienance store, and buy some film for your digital camera, and fer Gawds sake, click some pics! Both real car, and scale ones too!

sorry not all of us are technilogically advanced I have many pics of my daily driver 2004 saturn Ion "REDLINE" 2.0 supercharged with a 5 speed stick....... but no way to put up pics sorry..... Half the time i can't even see pics that have been posted on this website maybe cause its a work puter, i don't even have internet at home :(

but i will post a link that has many pictures of "redlines" mine is silver if i did not mention Its a Family + fun ride

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-701-1&sz=all&va=saturn+ion+redline

heres the link to what my car is......

sorry not all of us are technilogically advanced I have many pics of my daily driver 2004 saturn Ion "REDLINE" 2.0 supercharged with a 5 speed stick....... but no way to put up pics sorry..... Half the time i can't even see pics that have been posted on this website maybe cause its a work puter, i don't even have internet at home :(

but i will post a link that has many pictures of "redlines" mine is silver if i did not mention Its a Family + fun ride

http://images.search...urn+ion+redline

heres the link to what my car is......

im so jealous that u have a redline, id love to get the supercharger and stuff to go with it to put on my pursuit sedan