Model Cars Magazine Forum

I got this one in April. Had to go through a bunch of cars the wife liked, the minivan stage (less said, the better), and the long term pickup (still kept it '98 F-150 with 155K). Grabber Blue Mustangs came out in 1970 and I've wanted one ever since. Smile hasn't left the face since then. This photo taken a hour after I picked it up.

IMG_0065_zps8542eddd.jpg

Edited by The Junkman

Its really not too bad. Given I dont know much about torque steering but it always feels pretty even to me as far as power delievered. Again, I've probably falsifying the true meaning of torque steer. lol

Torque Steer is when the steering wheel gets pulled hard to one side (usually to the right) under hard accelleration........usually while trying to rip the wheel right out of the driver's hands.

Torque Steer is when the steering wheel gets pulled hard to one side (usually to the right) under hard accelleration........usually while trying to rip the wheel right out of the driver's hands.

Ah okay. I never have that problem, at least from what I can tell. Of course I hardly ever hard accel and if I do Im already moving.

It can also happen in AWD vehicles, though not to as much of a degree.

And that is still dependant on the type of front suspension. We've had 4 XJ Cherokees and a ZJ Grand with the 4.0l I-6 and the NP or NV 242 full time transfer cases, none of which have ever shown torque steer in the full time 4wd mode. They all have used a solid front axle though and those don't really get that like an independant front car or inferior front truck.

Ah, what the heck. Wife's car is a 2000 Subaru Legacy Outback Limited w/129K on it. Just replaced the timing belt, idlers, tensioner and water pump and will drive it another 130K.

My car: '99 Miata w/134K. Just pulled it off the road for new rear quarters (rust is a common problem with these, expecially in the northeast), a paint job and a new top. While I'm at it she'll get new springs, a new set of Konis and a thorough tune (timing belt, headers/exhaust, a chip, etc.). Current color is Emerald Green (a dark metallic green) w/black interior. When I give it the re-spray I'm thinkin' a dark BRG (we call it "black BRG") w/white stripes will do the trick.

My other car is the Corvette I push off a cliff every year. When my two youngest are finished with college (three more years - gettin' there!) I'll keep one of those Corvettes.

PB.

Just got this in December. Had to look hard to find a manual trans. but I finally found one.

Focus002_zps5c701107.jpg

Here's my work truck. 23 years old and still going strong.

f150publish-1.jpg

Nice little Focus, is that one of the Flex Fuel cars too? I hear those will still get mileage in the mid-30's on E85!

• 3 weeks later...

That '67 Mustang hardtop I mentioned in post 193, p 10:

5MrTEg74OuCNf94qRW7NBfeOmVfuhD-vi.jpg

u__8LcQMS_nHQ_um2ure2h1-vi.jpg

I've also mentioned her in various examples I've used to illustrate how cars have made SOME performance progress in four decades, but Lordie, was she happy to get out of the garage. It's a different kind of fun to grab the wheel that started your passion, and she's my first lady to this day.

Edited by Chuck Kourouklis

And heres my new to me 1978 chevy luv. all stock with a 4 cylinder 4 speed, original paint except for hood, different wheels and tires. the plan is to sell the wheels on craigslist and then buy aftermarket 6 lug corvette rally wheels with caps so youll never know its 6 lug. 15x8 in the rear and 15x6 in the front. still all in all I bought it for 1200 bucks, my dads high school friend will repaint it gloss black for 800 so for about 2500 I have have a clean little pick up that looks cool and get 23 24 mpg around town.

103_0392_zpsb22fcf42.jpg

103_0369_zps5c3a34f7.jpg

103_0390_zpsdf561f1d.jpg

Edited by Dragfreak

.....and then my aftermarket 6 lug corvette rally wheels with caps......

Funny, I don't remember any Corvette having 6 lug wheels. :huh: Of course, since you do state AFTERMARKET, they aren't genuine Corvette wheels anyway, they are probably just some cheap knockoff of a standard GM Rally wheel, and more than like a 6 lug Chevy truck, and the last I checked, the Vette WASN'T A TRUCK!!!