Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fast and smooth indeed! Well, atleast if yours were taken care of. Mine was severely neglected, and had many issues. But I'm slowly correcting and fixing them all. I'm to the point now where the issues are pretty well taken care of, and now I am modifying it! Cobra exhaust manifolds, EGR delete, an oil pan that doesnt rust, 3500 stall converter, deep finned trans pan, standalone transmission cooler, 4.10 gears and trak loc diff, sequential taillights, cold air intake w/ box (made by me), underdrive pullies, doing a coil over plug conversion on it using the 2nd gen mark viii coil wiring, coils, and cam covers. true dual exhaust, mandrel bent from manifolds to muffler tips. Double X-pipes, and Magnaflow 3" mufflers.

Should be a pretty healthy Mark Viii for what it is. hopefully completing it this spring, and going to get it tuned.

Ours were stock and Pretty well maintained. The dreaded,unpreventable airbag issue arose on both. My daughters was up to 190,000 on original motor when we sold it. Yours is going to be a beast.

Ours were stock and Pretty well maintained. The dreaded,unpreventable airbag issue arose on both. My daughters was up to 190,000 on original motor when we sold it. Yours is going to be a beast.

Yep I fought the airride for a while, changed front bags/shocks to some low mileage ones off a '97, still acted up... So I said forget it and switched over to coil spring suspension, Bilstein shocks from a Cobra in the back, now it rides nice. Also swapping a thunderbird SC rear sway bar in so it doesnt feel soo floaty. Need to tighten the front up now.

Yep I fought the airride for a while, changed front bags/shocks to some low mileage ones off a '97, still acted up... So I said forget it and switched over to coil spring suspension, Bilstein shocks from a Cobra in the back, now it rides nice. Also swapping a thunderbird SC rear sway bar in so it doesnt feel soo floaty. Need to tighten the front up now.

I was wondering if there was a way to convert the Mk VII to regular springs/shocks. I figured where the chassis was essentially a Thunderbird/Cougar one, it should work pretty easily.

Nice Mark. Definitely one of the better looking cars of its time.

Charlie Larkin

Nice topic!

I have basically driven (for the past 20 years) Ford crown vic's, the police cars. We get them at state auctions. My wife drove a white squad car (1986 crown vic i believe) when I met her. I now drive a 2004 Chevy Impala State trooper car. I plan to do a build of the Crown Vic Cop car some day, probably a 2000 something model.

I would love to own a Ford Mustang from the 60's.

17-years young and my current daily driver—1996 BMW M3 Coupe. Runs beautifully, though I would like to not have to abuse it in the Midwestern winters anymore.

technoviolet_m3_35tint.jpg

that's real nice transportation ,but you only got it in US spec ,with less horses than us overhere..am i right?...most of the time yours are loaded with extra's like aircon and electric everything ,leather seats and such

so i guess that compensates..

real nice colour...we had that on e30 tourings an convertibles over here in last years of production..

Too cold to ride today, 1 degree this morn, so here's dream'n of warmer weather.

1967 BMW r60/

1976 BMW R90S

So tell me, is it Beemer or Bimmer? I got yelled at by a guy when I said "nice Beemer" Pretty much read me the riot act because bikes are called one and cars are the other, I guess.

Mike, I remember one of the enthusiast mags had an article about Nettesheim. He's got way more money than I have but excellent taste. Sorry to hear about that lordairguitar. Bikes are beemers and cars are bimmers. Sounds like that guy was more into the image than the machine. Here's a pic of the 67 when I brought her home. The engine is under the orange plastic on the bench and the rest is in the wheel barrow.

BMWbasket0001-vi.jpg

Sorry to hear about that lordairguitar. Bikes are beemers and cars are bimmers. Sounds like that guy was more into the image than the machine.

Thank you. I really like BMWs, both four and two wheel machines. The guy just kinda soured me on them, but I got over it and still like BMWs, from Isettas to the early sports cars, the modern road cars and of course the motorcycles.

Have always wanted to have a model of my car, so far it's been fifty-fifty! Right now our main ride is a 2011 JKU Sahara Wrangler, closest model is a 1/32 Burago, just picked it up, just needs the Mango Orange colour now! Other ride is a 2001 Focus ZX3, converting it to SVT standards, 4 wheel discs next! Fortunately there's a 1/25 (1/24?) of that model in my stash. The Jeep is really great out on the N.W. Pacific Coast!post-2074-0-48552700-1391565079_thumb.jp

post-2074-0-81884300-1391565258_thumb.jp