Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here’s my 2014 Chevy Impala LT2 V-6 which I bought in December 2013. It replaced my 1999 Honda Civic HX coupe which was my daily driver for 14 years. The Honda’s transmission failed and the cost of repairs was more than the car was worth so it was time for a new car. I really liked the 2014 Impala when it came out and it also received many good reviews so I bought one. The 2014 Impala is an excellent car. It has plenty of power and a great ride. It’s good to see Chevy make an exciting Impala again.

DSC01685_zps302aa987.jpg

DSC01687_zpsdabf51ce.jpg

DSC01690_zps1f184238.jpg

DSC01693_zps54b334ba.jpg

Here’s my 1964 Impala parked next to my 2014 Impala. I'm hoping to have the 1964 Impala restored within the next two years. The 1964 Impala has a 230 cubic inch inline six engine with a 3-speed manual transmission. Now I have two six-cylinder Impalas 50 years apart in design time.

DSC01689_zpsbaa75b82.jpg

DSC01694_zpse4b3d484.jpg

A 6/stick Impala sport coupe? Now that's different. Very cool.

Charlie Larkin

More info please!

Dual adjustable coil overs, ZR1 sway bars and links, Rtk built transmission, Z06 torque tube, 3:71 diff with Z06 output shafts, RST dual clutch, Breathless performance ram air intake, custom carbon fiber airbridge, silicone couplings, Ported throttle body/plenum, long tube headers, Corsa cat back, OEM C6Z06 wheels, 325/30-19 rear and 275/35-18 Nitto Invo tires, TPS short throw shifter, Corbeau FX1 Pro seats in alcantara, Hardbar, Corbeau harness, Carbon fiber vented hood, C5R headlights, custom computer tune.

Next winter it should get a brand new LS3 motor. Goal is 600hp.

Charlie Larkin

In my family we called those "Uncle Dan" cars after my uncle who would always buy the cheapest, most stripped down car on the lot! That Chevy probably has manual steering and brakes too. I bought my first girlfriend a '64 Biscayne 2 door sedan like that, only it had the luxury of having a powerglide transmission.

Most days I drive a ratty looking '92 Chevy pickup with 272,000 miles on the clock. It looks like crapp and runs like new. It's happy being a well-maintained (mechanically, anyway) "work truck". At the moment, it has a leaking diff pinion-flange seal. I keep the diff topped up and will fix it as soon as the '89 truck (now out of emissions :D , so I can hot-rod it) is 100% running again.

I can't post pictures. so here their are in no order

1. 1993 Chevy Suburban 2500 4x4 - 165000+ miles

2. 2009 Ford Fusion SEL V6 -52000 miles

3. 2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT -130000+ miles

4. 2005 Dodge Magnum RT -53000+ miles

5. 1975 Corvette Stingray in modification mode...unknown mileage

Love 'em all...Joe

Charlie Larkin

I was thinking of taking out the six cylinder and dropping in a crate 350 V8 but it would be just another '64 Impala with a crate 350. The six cylinder makes it very unique. I rarely see 1960's six cylinder Impala coupes at car shows or in car magazines. I do plan on hopping up the motor because it's a lot of car for that motor.

In my family we called those "Uncle Dan" cars after my uncle who would always buy the cheapest, most stripped down car on the lot! That Chevy probably has manual steering and brakes too. I bought my first girlfriend a '64 Biscayne 2 door sedan like that, only it had the luxury of having a powerglide transmission.

The only option on the '64 Impala is the windshield washer. It would have been nice to have power steering. It takes a lot of effort to steer the car with that big steering wheel. Maybe one day I will add power steering.

I was thinking of taking out the six cylinder and dropping in a crate 350 V8 but it would be just another '64 Impala with a crate 350. The six cylinder makes it very unique. I rarely see 1960's six cylinder Impala coupes at car shows or in car magazines. I do plan on hopping up the motor because it's a lot of car for that motor.

Wonder how it would run with the RWD version of the 3.6l in your new Impala.

This is my main daily driver, seen in its natural habitat, delivering groceries. :lol:

post-5871-0-14094800-1399791232_zps24766

By the way, the "black eye" was already there when I got it! :lol:

When I'm not working, the weekend daily driver is a 1983 Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Avenue with a 318 and still gets between 15 and 20 MPG! I don't have a pic of it, it's a rustbucket and might break the camera! :lol: It's just basically a Dodge Diplomat made into a "luxury" car.

I believe Clifford has some parts for it, and I know at least one of the cam manufacturers have a warmed-up cam for it, too.

It'll be cool to see something a bit different on the roads.

Charlie Larkin

It is in MPH. I don't have a better picture, because my wife snapped it with her phone for her scrapbooking.

Yeah, and the fuel gauge was on full just before the pic! :lol:

This is my main daily driver, seen in its natural habitat, delivering groceries. :lol:

post-5871-0-14094800-1399791232_zps24766

By the way, the "black eye" was already there when I got it! :lol:

When I'm not working, the weekend daily driver is a 1983 Chrysler New Yorker Fifth Avenue with a 318 and still gets between 15 and 20 MPG! I don't have a pic of it, it's a rustbucket and might break the camera! :lol: It's just basically a Dodge Diplomat made into a "luxury" car.

when i was with Schneider i got lucky since was team and got the new cascadia's....although i guess you cant call it lucky since we had three in the first 6 months due to break downs and spending a week in a Laredo hotel was not fun and then on our way up to Houston to relay the load, the dash lit up like a Christmas tree again so after limping it all the way to Houston going 45 and using the frontage roads when available, the OC mechanics "fixed"it, we left and made our delivery and picked up the next load and guess where that was going OH that's right, back to LAREDO. and to top it off a hundred or so miles out BAM!! Christmas tree dashboard. this time we only stayed for three days and when Laredo freightliner couldn't fix it we got a lovely dodge caliber to fit two full grown men (and im a bigger guy)and a months worth of stuff cause that's how long we stayed out for. we had to drive that tiny car with the goofy CVT trans all the way to Indianapolis for them to not have a new truck and send us all the way down to Edwardsville the next day for another nightmare cascadia, but ill stop ranting sorry.

when i was with Schneider i got lucky since was team and got the new cascadia's....although i guess you cant call it lucky since we had three in the first 6 months due to break downs and spending a week in a Laredo hotel was not fun and then on our way up to Houston to relay the load, the dash lit up like a Christmas tree again so after limping it all the way to Houston going 45 and using the frontage roads when available, the OC mechanics "fixed"it, we left and made our delivery and picked up the next load and guess where that was going OH that's right, back to LAREDO. and to top it off a hundred or so miles out BAM!! Christmas tree dashboard. this time we only stayed for three days and when Laredo freightliner couldn't fix it we got a lovely dodge caliber to fit two full grown men (and im a bigger guy)and a months worth of stuff cause that's how long we stayed out for. we had to drive that tiny car with the goofy CVT trans all the way to Indianapolis for them to not have a new truck and send us all the way down to Edwardsville the next day for another nightmare cascadia, but ill stop ranting sorry.

LOL Nick, that's why I'm not in any hurry for a Cascadia! :lol: My old Century might be an 06 and have a little over 646,000 miles on the clock, but at least she hasn't been in the shop like some of the Cascadias in our fleet. So far, the only issue I have had was a parking park valve mounted on the frame come off its mount and end up hanging against the interaxle drive shaft, which rubbed a hole in an air line fitting. After a new fitting and some zip ties to put it back on its mounting plate, I was back to rolling. I'd like to have the extra room, but I don't mind having a reliable truck and being one of the oddball orange trucks still left in our dedicated fleet, almost all the others are the white Cascadias.

• 1 month later...

I drive a 2001 Mitsubishi Carisma, 1.6 Liter 4 cylinder with an awesome 100 horses under the bonnet... Being from 2001 it has a pretty low mileage of 68.000 or 110.000 KM. Owned this one since I got my license 8 months ago and I love every bit of it.

I'm thinking about a complete Evo 6 motor/drivetrain swap, in the first place for the driving experience, but also for making it a sleeper :lol:

Enough talk, photo's are next:

1069805_10202876850019415_1069846989_n_z

10341865_10203431042673885_5527429605532

10285675_10203191163837064_7310172789849

Lucas.