Model Cars Magazine Forum

I got rid of my 95 Mercedes C280 money pit, and got this, an 08 Subaru 2.5i Legacy Limited with 39,000 miles.

20160101_1207141_zpsvk2ujst0.jpg

20160101_1207541_zpsv082taiv.jpg

20160101_1209011_zpskfk7rhva.jpg

My other cars are a 98 Chrysler Sebring convertible, an 01 Chevy Monte Carlo SS, an 84 Pontiac Fiero SE with 233,000 miles. I posted pictures of them earlier in this thread so I won't post them again.

Edited by Johnt671

After 15.5 years with the same car and documenting every single one of them (www.crowncvicsetc.com) this summer, due to lackluster financial situations (aka: unemployment), my boyfriend gave me his car, a 2006 Ford Crown Victoria P71.  I call it Vic 2.0.  I have yet to form a bond with the car, but it is growing on me.  I also own a 1974 AMC Javelin (www.maxiblue.homestead.com)  that is now off the road for the aforementioned reason.

Vic2.0.jpg

8.12.11_3.jpg

JD,

My 22 year old daughter inherited her mother's '05 Crown Vic. It's been over a year now and she is finally coming to terms with driving the beast. She had no issues with the size of the car, she's driven my Town Car plenty of times, but that image of copcar or grandpa car really weighed heavily on her. 

Give the car some time. They grow on you.

Also, it's a bulletproof ride if maintained correctly.

Give the car some time. They grow on you.

Also, it's a bulletproof ride if maintained correctly.

Oh, I know... TRUST ME.  My Vic 1.0 was a 1998 LX with the handling package... drove it 15.5 years!!!   But it had a traditional front end, not rack & pinion, narrower tires, wasn't drive by wire, etc.  I also spent YEARS in the blue car as a passenger, so driving it is odd.  I just plain got SO used to the 1998, and fight change SO much, I feel like a DOPE driving the "new" one!  :-)

Oh, I know... TRUST ME.  My Vic 1.0 was a 1998 LX with the handling package... drove it 15.5 years!!!   But it had a traditional front end, not rack & pinion, narrower tires, wasn't drive by wire, etc.  I also spent YEARS in the blue car as a passenger, so driving it is odd.  I just plain got SO used to the 1998, and fight change SO much, I feel like a DOPE driving the "new" one!  :-)

Do the '03-up Panthers really drive that differently? The newest one I've driven (that I can think of) is a '98. 

Charlie Larkin

In short, yes.

Most of my experience is with police package cars, but I have driven these extensively over the course of my career.  

The '91-'97 versions were nimble and light around town but not very stable at speed on the open road. Lots of high rpm horsepower no real low end grunt. They were the right size and handled good for an urban cop car. They just got started accelerating about the time you were back on the brakes for the next intersection though. Frustrating. <_<

'98 saw the Watts link rear end make it's debut on the CV. Remapped engine management saw more low end torque. My first negative experience was responding to a hot call in moderately heavy traffic. I performed a right - left - right manuver at about 30mph and realized the rear end was trying to pass the front. The car remained perfectly flat and gave no warning. The rear end just let go on bone dry pavement. Not too bad in the acceleration department.  :blink:

Fast forward to the R & P steering in '03.  Ford seemed to have finally exorcised all the demons. We didn't drive Fords after this model year so I have no experience with the car after that.

The car was never, arguably, "fast".  Remember the Ford Police Package was introduced at the same time Chevrolet's legendary 9C1was being sold. Any early Caprice with the 5.8 was quicker. A '94-'96 Chevy with the LT1 was not even in the same league. :o

I hid my '93 9C1 from Fleet Services for a year so I didn't have to give her up. :)

I still have my '05 Town Car though, it's a beauty and handles well for a land yacht.  The speed sensitive steering takes a bit of "getting used to" but after 10+ years I am ok with it. ;)

After 15.5 years with the same car and documenting every single one of them (www.crowncvicsetc.com) this summer, due to lackluster financial situations (aka: unemployment), my boyfriend gave me his car, a 2006 Ford Crown Victoria P71.  I call it Vic 2.0.  I have yet to form a bond with the car, but it is growing on me.  I also own a 1974 AMC Javelin (www.maxiblue.homestead.com)  that is now off the road for the aforementioned reason.

Vic2.0.jpg

8.12.11_3.jpg

Too keep that javvie company, put Wisconsin State Patrol decals on it. It's already the correct dark blue metallic WSP cars are. You would have to paint the grille flat black...but I'd keep it chrome.

On 2/6/2016 at 5:36 AM, Rodent said:

Just got this three weeks ago. 2016 Mazda 3S Grand Touring with the 6-speed manual.

IMG-20160116-WA0004b.jpg

These Mazda 3s are really  popular over here. Mazda NZ has just had its best sales record ever for 2015. I just took delivery of this new 2016 Mazda 3 SP25 ' Limited ' auto on Thursday. 

The ' Limited '  version over here is the top of the line with all the fruit. I'm not sure if all the driving aids it comes with are really necessary if you are paying attention to your driving.

The only reason I never got the Soul Red paint  is I have had a red car in the back yard since 1978 and it was time for a change. This Mazda is joining my HSV GTS 6 speed.

IMG_2298_zpsumhmu9xs.JPG

GTS.JPG

Edited by Roncla

These Mazda 3s are really  popular over here. Mazda NZ has just had its best sales record ever for 2015. I just took delivery of this new 2016 Mazda 3 SP25 ' Limited ' auto on Thursday. 

The ' Limited '  version over here is the top of the line with all the fruit. I'm not sure if all the driving aids it comes with are really necessary if you are paying attention to your driving.

The only reason I never got the Soul Red paint  is I have had a red car in the back yard since 1978 and it was time for a change. This Mazda is joining my HSV GTS 6 speed.

IMG_2298_zpsumhmu9xs.jpg

Grand Touring is the top trim here. You have to get the autotragic transmission to get the tech package wit adaptive cruise control and lane keeping with the automatic high beams. Mine has adaptive lighting and blind spot detection with rear cross traffic though. Has 1300 miles so far and seems quicker every day. Upper end of the tach is getting more pleasant. 

Our other car is a 2014 Focus Titanium with the handling package. Cornered the market for fun to drive affordable compacts, I think. 

I can't remember if I had posted here or not.. SO here goes......

My daily driver is my wifes car....a '04 Buick LaSabre.

2004_Buick_Lasabre_000_detail.jpg

THEN you have MY BEAST as MY Daily Driver:

'67 Dodge Power Wagon W-200

1967_Dodge_Power_Wagon_200_000_detail.jp

1967_Dodge_Power_Wagon_200_002_detail.jp

1967_Dodge_Power_Wagon_200_003_detail.jp

And finally, my inheritance......

The_39_Coupe_001_detail.jpg

The_39_Coupe_003_detail.jpg

The_39_Coupe_009_detail.jpg

The_39_Coupe_007_detail.jpg

My Dad built the '39 Chevy Business coupe before he passed away. NEVER got to drive it either. So he's my silent passenger when I'm driving HIS car. When I go, it will be passed onto his only grandchild, my daughter...... R.I.P. Dad, your car will remain in the family if I can help it!

Edited by 426-Hemi
Forgot to add year and type to my truck!

Same with my 'new' Granada.

Rock solid, but needs paint.

photo 005.jpg

Arent these very rare,same with the Injection that came with Recaro etc? Always liked these cars,but i have a soft spot for the MK1 coupe. 

The one i found was not a basket case and fair priced,they are usually rusted to death with the vinyl roof or too expensive. This summer i 

plan on sell the Mercedes Cosworth and add some into the Coupe.