Model Cars Magazine Forum

I agree, Håkan's Ford is much better with those new wheels and tires!

I updated my daily driver as well some time ago. I found original front springs to replace those lowered ones so the front end was lifted up a little. Now it looks like a Pickup should.

DSCN0495.JPG?img=img1280

DSCN0498.JPG?img=img1280

DSCN0502.JPG?img=img1280

• 2 months later...

As my PT Cruiser was on it's last legs, I've purchased my parents 2010 Toyota Highlander that they were fixing to trade in. This is my first Toyota and I'm pretty BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH impressed. It's a V6 front wheel drive with a 5 speed auto, and holy cow does it ever want to go. Surprisingly tight turn radius too. Not my pic but that's the car and the color. Pretty happy with it.

Image result for 2010 highlander gold

Used to drive a Focus S.T.220 And that car was a rocket! Used to turn left to a junction 100 yards up the road and was doing 70 odd and HARD on the brakes,great way to start the day!:D

( a 5 cylinder turbo unit - as used in Volvo touring cars...)

You mean Mondeo? and those where six cylinder.

The Volvo touring cars was natural aspirated.

I used to work for Ford,the Focus ST and RS had an ex Volvo engine with a turbo- virtualy bulllet proof btw.While the Mondeo had a 3 litre V6 - half of the Aston Martin V12.

You guys have way better stuff than me.  2001 Olds Aurora V6 with 209K miles.  And I love it.  Hope it lasts forever.   Nice car, big car for the times.  Was a pretty fancy car in it's day - $40K in 2001. Showed what American manufacturers could do when they wanted.  Of course, buyers didn't wan thtat from an american car.  If they wanted that kind of car, they bought Lexus or BMW.

I got it for $4300 4 years ago with 124K and it has been a great car - gets 27mpg on highway trips.  I was working 3.5 hours from home and needed a car to drive home.  All I had was a motorcycle and it was too cold to me to ride all winter..  Fair weather rider.

Got me this 26,000 mile survivor.

photo 058.jpg

photo 059.jpg

photo 007.jpg

Believe it or not, I intended it to be a parts car for the one I already had. However, it turned out to be way too good to be broken,
so I broke the one I had instead.

And since it is way too good to be driven on salted Winter roads, I just bought a WBoD (Winter Beater of Distinction) as well:

29567534533_eff5e2e254_c.jpg

It even has my personal warranty in the boot:

http://autoshite.com/uploads/monthly_10_2016/post-17021-0-46084600-1475873360.jpg

I guess I will do this a lot in the forseeable future:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161007/8568f669c61f63f5996f2551d3415cb4.jpg

Nice cars Christian,is the Rover a manual? Those Range Rovers does not have the best reputation but they are great

value if you can wrench a little. My neighbour has one of the really early Range Rovers,2 door v8 manual,really cool.

Thanks God it's an automatic.

Everyone keeps telling me how bad those Range Rovers are, despite this example has provided faithful service to its owner (yes, it had only one prior to me) for twenty years.
So far the only thing that went wrong with it was the water pump failing in spectacular fashion, but that's hardly Range Rover specific.
The replacement cost me only 30 quid and it was changed within an hour. You get parts for these like water.

• 1 month later...