Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Blue Max

saltflat1

How about spraying a couple of light coats of clear acrylic over the whole sheet? Or a coat of Future? Of course now you have to trim right up to the decal edge when you apply them, but wouldn't the clear acrylic hold the decals together and prevent them from disintegrating?

The chassis/engine detailing looks great, waiting to see more. By the way,going by what Mark said above,I think Harry has the right idea, it'll make sure the decals stay together, & it can't hurt either way, just as Harry stated trim the decals real close.

How about spraying a couple of light coats of clear acrylic over the whole sheet? Or a coat of Future? Of course now you have to trim right up to the decal edge when you apply them, but wouldn't the clear acrylic hold the decals together and prevent them from disintegrating?

great advice !!!!

Hey Guys, First of all, Thanks for the heads up on the decal sheet.Now for my big blunder , The car I'm referring to is the " Trojan Horse " my bad. Altough I have the War Horse sheet I'll be sure to check it before use.

Hers a photo of the car I'm doing now.

trojanhorse.gif

Boy, Talk about a wake up call ! Thanks Again

You want to put the body on there why ???????????? . Thats got to be one of the nicest looking jobs I've seen on any kit of that era, great work !! Hope whichever decals you use hold up for you. Just been going through that issue with 90's era Revell decals.

Did the same build as you (Trojan Horse), using the Revell Blue Max & the Slixx decals a few years back, had no problems with the decals, went in the water & came out fine, also had no problems putting them on the car. Always thought the Doheny & Fullerton Trojan Horse was one of the most beautiful F/C out at that time. A little trivia, that car was the NHRA F/C Champion that year.