Model Cars Magazine Forum

67 GTX

Jayl

Same color my dads' new 66 Plymouth BelvedereII Hemicar was/is. Considering the GTX was a badged Belvedere, it certainly brings back memories for me. Dad still owns the car, and I will show him this build thread.......I think he will like it.

Great job on a box build-up!

Jason...please read this article I wrote back in 2002 for Internet Modeler on my build of that kit and see if your build ran along the same lines as mine.... I'm just curious if you found the same things I found..

http://www.internetm...omotive/gtx.htm

I did run into some of the same things you did. The battery was a big one, I also had to remove a lot of material to make it fit. I kind of remember the drive shaft being short also but it has been a while since I dealt with it. I think when I lowered it I had to move the rear axle forward a little and I think that solved it. The only other problems I had were installing the steering column and side windows for some reason. I didn't run into the radiator support interfering with the fit of the hood like you did. Nice article, thanks for the link your version turned out great.

Thanks everyone else for the positive comments.