Model Cars Magazine Forum

58' Chevrolet Del Ray Sedan Delivery

Dominik

Hi,

my first try, to post a model, also my first work with resinbody.

Based on a 58 Impala kit from amt. I love this car, its my favorite of all 50s. I wish, i could call one my own...

I only took the engine (not wired, oob), floor, dashboard, frontseats and doorpanels from the amt kit. The resinbody is manifactured by bandit resins (think so). There was a lot of work to fi the hood and interieur...After sanding, coating filler and do the Two-Tone paintjob, i made the finish with barematalfoil. that was tricky too, because there were not enough lines to orient themselves for the trim i wished. After four hours it was done.

But enough words, take a look:

CIMG8702.JPG

CIMG8687.JPG

How many pictures are allowed? Pleas tell me - i'm just learning

Thank you for your attention, comments welcome.

post-8486-0-82296900-1313704574_thumb.jp

post-8486-0-83841000-1313704577_thumb.jp

post-8486-0-55986000-1313704580_thumb.jp

post-8486-0-16333000-1313704583_thumb.jp

post-8486-0-97291800-1313704585_thumb.jp

post-8486-0-86534900-1313704588_thumb.jp

post-8486-0-21307200-1313704591_thumb.jp

post-8486-0-19891900-1313704593_thumb.jp

Edited by Dominik

NIce and clean! Not many of those seen in model form or in 1:1 :lol:

You're allowed 5 pictures per post if you're linking from a hosting site (Fotki, Photobucket, etc,). Your attachments can be whatever size limit the site will allow...............this will depend on how big the photos are which will determine how many pics you can post.

That's a cool looking sedan delivery. I really like the colors on it. A guy about fifty miles from me has a '58 handy man wagon for sale that I would love to have,but he's asking $3500 for it.

As Bill said, there's a five picture limit. But of course you can make a new post and post more pics there. The Del Ray looks good, colors look very nice and paintjob is smooth. Wheels and tires are perfect choice for this build and I like the overall look. Interior is nice too. Keep building!

Oha, thank you very much for your words, thanks for answer my questions!

I love this 58 Chevys too! If i could have the chance, "only" 3500$ to buy one - i would make it. But, thats the truth, in germany this car is more rare then a Dodge Viper. in my lifetime, i almost saw with my own eyes not more than three HT Coupe Impalas...very rare and expensive.

The next ones i will build on this base is the DelRay and Brookwood. Perhaps a Convertible ( :wub: ) too...dont know, what manufactrues the bodys are - you must take, what you get here...

When I was a kid ('60's), '58 Chevy's were quite common, although not as common as the '55-'57 ones. Back then they were "just another car", but today like you said they are very rare, and collectors will trip over themselves if there's a Impala coupe or convertible in pristine condition. The fact that the body style was a "one year deal" from GM, makes it that much more unique.

Yeah! Try your hand at a '58 Convertible! With the job you did on the sedan delivery, it'll be quite nice!

Some minor tweaking of the rear deck would be needed if you're doing the Revell one (AMT as well) but it's not a hard conversion. :wub:

Thanks buddies,

[...]Nice work ,, but I don't think it's one of Kenny's.[...]

Who is Kenny? I'm not sure, what manufacturer the body is - i became it without box or anything and its to long ago, i remember...i am a old man :lol:

@Bill (Mr.Obsessiv): I will do so. Looked at your fabulous Impala Convertible at fotki! WOW! What a built!!!

Edited by Dominik