Model Cars Magazine Forum

deleting a post

I discovered a way to do this a while back. If it is a topic that you started, you can scroll down to the bottom of the page, and underneath the last post, there will be a link that says "Show moderation tools". If you click on this, a button appears on the left side of the page that says "Topic Moderation". If you click on this button, a drop - down list will appear. There is only one option - "Delete this topic". Click on it, and a confirmation screen should appear warning you that the topic will be deleted and that there will be no more warning screens. Confirm that you want the topic deleted, and it should be gone. Hope this helped! ;)

I discovered a way to do this a while back. If it is a topic that you started, you can scroll down to the bottom of the page, and underneath the last post, there will be a link that says "Show moderation tools". If you click on this, a button appears on the left side of the page that says "Topic Moderation". If you click on this button, a drop - down list will appear. There is only one option - "Delete this topic". Click on it, and a confirmation screen should appear warning you that the topic will be deleted and that there will be no more warning screens. Confirm that you want the topic deleted, and it should be gone. Hope this helped! ;)

Thats what it SHOULD DO...it will then tell you you do not have permission.

Guest Johnny

Could be because of the new forum software. Things change from one version to the next.

So then change really isn't always good! :D

Always thought upgrade meant more/better not trade offs! B)

I know it isn't Gregg's fault as he didn't write the new software. But those that did seem to be lacking. :rolleyes:

That's weird...that method has always worked for me.

Could be because of the new forum software. Things change from one version to the next.

I have been working with Dave Ambrose Last PM said :

"

Sent 19 August 2011 - 12:08 PM

Thank you for this information. I've been trying to tell Invision's tech support that our problems are specific to users, and not to browser/computer combos.

I'll open a problem ticket, or add yours to an existing one. We're working our way through these problems. It's going much more slowly than I'd like. I'll try to tackle these next week. "

I have some issues here and its NOT one OS / Browser or combination..BUT Dave is working on it so we do have hope.

Logo_Small.png