Model Cars Magazine Forum

My old Autocar mixer

Hello all,

This is the truck that re-sparked my interest in the hobby. I had all of my old truck models in an attic that was being converted to a room, I simply could not let this truck die. This model was bought for me by my Grandfather when I was about 10, I am 40 now, this truck has been many things, dump, tractor, plow, repainted I can't remember how many times and finally reborn into this right before I exited the hobby in 99-00. This current bulld is the original cab, hood, grille, fenders, all riding on a complete scratch built frame, RNK front wheels and tires, Clint Freeman pusher, and tag axles, 2 holes, and front drive axle. KFS supplied the mixer kit, I scratch built the catwalks, ladder, fenders, etc. I have a very aggressive set of rear tires on the way for it, other than that, she's done (until I'm 60!).

Take care, Mark

DSC04296.jpg

DSC04295.jpg

DSC04301.jpg

DSC04293.jpg

DSC04294.jpg

Thanks guys for all the compliments.

I don't think KFS make the mixer anymore, and I don't recall the #. Really with the REX mixers more available than they used to be, it is not needed. Hopefully my tires will be here this week for it and then she goes in the case.

I gotta go work on pumping 3 feet of water out of my basement! Thanks Irene!!!!!

Mark

Thanks guys for all the compliments.

I don't think KFS make the mixer anymore, and I don't recall the #. Really with the REX mixers more available than they used to be, it is not needed. Hopefully my tires will be here this week for it and then she goes in the case.

I gotta go work on pumping 3 feet of water out of my basement! Thanks Irene!!!!!

Mark

Looking back on my old KFS catalogs, they did offer a long barrel and a short barrel. You have the short barrel.

The eye passed almost directly over my home town in Connecticut. As a child I got use to flooding in the cellar (basement) from living on the Long Island Sound.

Looking back on my old KFS catalogs, they did offer a long barrel and a short barrel. You have the short barrel.

The eye passed almost directly over my home town in Connecticut. As a child I got use to flooding in the cellar (basement) from living on the Long Island Sound.

It's the longer barrel, the short barrel they offered was a copy of the Challenger drum. The basement/cellar blows, good thing there were no models down there.

Mark

Awesome build and awesome story to it. It would be nice to see the pics of all the variants and all the changes this model went through. It is cool that it still lives.

Jarda

Thanks, I wish I did have pictures of some of the other configurations, but no. I originally built it very close to the box art, then a tractor, the same color, it fell apart, and then was jade green dumper with plow and spreader from the Ford kit, a tanker for a while, then?????? a pile of junk, then stripped to make this which was 12 years ago. I have 2 Revell ag K100s with similar stories, they are both in pretty bad shape right now, I hope to rebuild one of them this winter. It will feature a frieght train set-up of 2 Cummins KTA coupled together :D

Mark