Model Cars Magazine Forum

Replica of: Artist Mike Lomaka`s "ITALIVETTE" drawing

John Teresi

Hello.....this is a replica of artist Mike Lomaka`s "ITALIVETTE" drawing........I started with a 1/24 Revell 66 Penske Racing Corvette that was given to everybody that attended this years GSL model show......and I used a 1/24 Revell Ferrari Superamerica kit that I won at a the 1st Citrus Nationals model show.......I used the engine and the chassis from the Ferrari and combined the Ferrari and Corvette interior to the Corvette body......alot of modifications for it to work.......wired and plumbed.....flocking,baremetal foil and alclad paint.......body was painted with a H.O.K. white base coat and Dupont "Jarret" red......if you would like to see how I built this model please visit the "Workbench" section .........thank you Mr. Lomaka for the inspiration you gave me to build this model.......thank`s for looking.

DSCF0246.jpg

DSCF0255.jpg

DSCF0257.jpg

DSCF0267.jpg

DSCF0259.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

How does the intake work? I see the washer-like things on the bottom of the hood that appear to line up with the intakes mounted to the engine, but where can it draw air in when the hood is closed? I don't see any intake holes on the top of the hood or ducting on the underside to the little center scoop on the nose. Looks like it would be choked to death.

Nice to see you moved the "license plate" up and out of the way of the exhaust.

Since you fixed the plate, maybe you could center the front air dam too, not sure if you noticed, but it is quite a bit off center and it detracts from the overall flashy job. Nice red!

WOW that was fast! That turned out really nice. I like all the personal touches you put on it. I am glad I could contribute to this build in a small way. I hope it was fun to build. Looking back over the progress shots, it doesn't look like you had any major problems. I hope you are happy with it. It turned out great.

Mike

Wait a minute, I'll comment when I can get my jaw pieces from the floor.....

... Looks good! This was very nice build to watch, and now on these pictures, it looks like real, as your other builds too. The paintjob is amazing. Very shiny and smoooth. Nice job on the detailing also. I'm not going to complaine about those big wheels, because they are on the inspiration too. Nice job you did, as always, these are very nice to watch, keep coming.

I know this may sound a little corny, but I thinks it's very cool when two members of our "family" can come together like this. Mike's idea and artwork, John's execution.

Yep, I think that's very cool. B)

Thats why I was sad with the JWAC turnout.....This is a sweet vette......

How does the intake work? I see the washer-like things on the bottom of the hood that appear to line up with the intakes mounted to the engine, but where can it draw air in when the hood is closed? I don't see any intake holes on the top of the hood or ducting on the underside to the little center scoop on the nose. Looks like it would be choked to death.

I thought this was in poor taste Mark.....THIS IS A MODEL NOT REAL!!!!

I thought this was in poor taste Mark.....THIS IS A MODEL NOT REAL!!!!

I've been questioned by Mark more than once about my opinions and methods and I'm doing my best to remain civil. I'm sure he's an intelligent, well thought of individual. Also, love your work Mark. I couldn't handle those itty bitty Hot Wheels like you do. But I would appreciate more thought and consideration, You are dealing with friends here.

Here's what bothers me most about the majority of "The Finger Pointers." They are not the ones who are INTENTLY FOCUSED on building THIS model and dealing with ALL of it's unique construction issues. Every person on this board has a different set of skills and experience. Don't expect someone to modify a build to suit yours.

I have believed since learning what an "Editorial Opinion" is, that if you find a problem you must suggest a way to correct it. Don't just rant about why YOU think it's wrong or how YOU would have done it.

I copied this from the header at the beginning of the "On the workbench" forum.

Rules for On The Workbench For those viewing others who are presenting their works in progress in this section of the forum, please keep your criticisms, sarcasms, and other comments to yourself, unless the builder/poster has specifically asked for such replies.

John Lennon was right. Flower Power should have never died. Peace.

I feel the need to step in here and ask to shut this down before it gets out of hand. If for any reason I see a need to lock this thread I will do so until we deem fit to unlock it.

mark is entitled to his opinion and as the original comment was about the model and not the modeller I will leave the thread open for now.

Mr. Lomaka conceptualized this from feasible reality, and therefore Marks question stands (as it is not a direct shot at the builder, it is a fair question of functionality). Joe, thank you for quoting the 'ON THE WORKBENCH' rule: this is 'Under Glass'.......different game here (take your ball and go back to 'On the Workbench' where it belongs). Romell, I believe you leaving this open is in all fairness a good thing, as long as the swingers and cape-wearers don't ruin it by forming a 'human shield' around the finished model, protecting it from HONEST evaluation. After all, do you want puppy-dog kisses or real, usable feedback? Let the masses decide. Personally, I believe this came out fairly well for what it was supposed to be, and at a far better level than I myself can achieve (doesn't mean I can't have an honest opinion of its' flaws, as I believe I am fully capable of judging flaws based upon the fact that I make so many of them).

Just out of curiosity, I wonder what Mr.Lomaka thinks of the finished work (since, after all, it is HIS artwork)?

Edited by whale392

The overall build, while not in my area of interest, is stunning. It's amazing to me now that it's finished I hardly notice the side vent issue previously discussed. Something about the way the louvers are mounted made the seemingly strange vertical arrangement not so noticible any more.

You did a very, very, good job at turning 2D artwork into 3D art.

G

P.S. I think you may have wussed out on the color though. Should be brighter like Danno mentioned. ;)

Edited by Romell R
irrelivent comment