Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 Dodge Challenger Pro Mod Body...wip (updated 2.22.13)

hOLMS

Happy New Year all!!

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate the thumbs-up...really helps with my motivation.

Don, I'm checking with castors now to see what we can do....would be the first I've had popped, can't wait!

Joe, I'm gonna guess I'm around 50 hours of build time on this one so far. I estimate another 20 hours to zip it up, hopefully.

Couple updates...front window was reshaped from stock unit and now fits on the body almost perfectly, spent the whole weekend on this. I made a wedge cut down the center of the hood to pull the bulge down. Then, I had to build up the hood surface that meets the bottom of the front window. Currently, she has a fresh coat of primer waiting for some more work. I have really enjoyed the window treatments so far, still have more to go but making good progress. Last picture is a comparison between now and two weeks ago, huge difference! Thanks for looking, till next time!

hood1.jpg

nose1.jpg

windows1.jpg

bothsides1.jpg

side1.jpg

Looking Good so far Jeff! You are true artist, the body has changed alot from the start and you have done huge modifications to create beautiful ProMod body. I'd like to try too, but maybe it would end up as a pile of junk plastic. :lol:

Thanks for looking in guys, means a lot to me. I really love doing this bodywork stuff and glad you like it! Wayne, thanks man, means a lot coming from a master like you!

Wish I had some updates to post, will be working on finishing the front and side window treatments this week....hopefully I can finish the flares for bottom of sides that will wrap around the rear wheel opening and the bottom fascia.

Tyrone, I started this chassis for another build, all styrene glued with Plastruct Weldene...I think it just might work for this one. I'll keep you posted.

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1420.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

IMG_1419.jpg

Hello all....few updates for this week. I've worked on the flares for bottom of sides and fender wells, they also wrap around the back to the wheelie bar cutout....got a slick coat of primer on too. Much, much slicker now. I've got some more window treatment to go before that is wrapped up. After that, I'll have some filling work in the headlight and tailight areas and this will be pretty close to final finishing....I hope! Thanks for looking in and commenting. Everyone keep up the great work.

pix1a.jpg

pix1.jpg

pix2.jpg

pix3.jpg

Thanks for the comment guys...have not had much time to work on this week, couple small things though. I think I'm getting closer to finishing this PM body. I've done some filling around/smoothing the headlights and the tailight section. Also, I've re-shaped the lead-in to the bottom of front window, not sure if that noticeable in pix but in now flares up with a curve. I also decided to redo the air opening between the fog light recesses, changed that to protrude out instead of extrude in and squared the ends instead of tapered.

Next - still need to finish the window treatments and evaluate....fill, sand, primer, repeat! Door lines will probably be close to last.

BA1.jpg

BA2.jpg

BA3.jpg