Model Cars Magazine Forum

2012 Dodge Challenger Pro Mod Body...wip (updated 2.22.13)

hOLMS

• 2 months later...

Been a while since I sat down with this one...good to be back, heckuva stress reliever! I hope to put in some more "time at the bench" over the winter.

I've blended the transistion at tops of frt fenders to hood bulge, added flaring to frt airdam and made a wedge-cut down sides (pulled out bottom and reglued to create a slight flare to back meats). I've started reworking the rear bumper area, I was not happy with first go-around and will try it again. Thanks for looking.

000_0316.jpg

000_0319.jpg

120611-Comp.jpg

I apologize guys...I thought the blend transistion on the frt fender tops would be a little more noticeable than the pix show...should show better @ next primer coat. The area where the A-pillars, hood and tops of fenders come in should be noticeably different in gray. Gotta work on the pix...lol.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi everyone....been a long while since I even looked at the bench. I've been checking in looking at everyone's art from time to time, and outstanding, love it all.

I finally sat down at the bench a couple days ago and picked up the (now) old Dodge, guess I'll need to reshape a little for the 2012 or 2013 model year. Anyways, been able to do a little to this one, think its been a year since I touched it last.

Changes - I've trimmed 1.5mm off the bottom (sides and nose) to bring the whole body closer to the ground. I added some pretty noticeable arc to the rear quarters and started the rear bumper area, if you look close enough, it resembles a Duster or a nascar rear bumper. I'll change that to bring in the look it needs hopefully. I've also done some more smoothing and filling. Thanks for looking and till next time....cheers!

IMG_1206.jpg

IMGB4AFT1.jpg

IMGB4AFT2.jpg

Thanks for the comments....feels good to be working on this again!

Update of today's work. Not a lot of shaping, but very necessary prep work today.

1 - Reshaped rear wheelwell opening

2 - Threw some putty on the gaps and holes.

3 - Smoothed putty and primered black. I use the black as a filler that reduces ghosting and swirling before switching back to grey.

4 - Wet-sanded the black smooth then applied new primer grey coat. The body is pretty slick now, still more sanding to go.

Next....More wheelwell work, adding flares to bottom and fender wells, scratch a rear spoiler and window treatment. Thanks for looking.

IMG_1207.jpg

IMG_1212.jpg

122212b4aft.jpg

Thanks Darryl, love your rides btw.

Couple more updates....reshaped front and rear fender wells, added cutouts on nose for fog lights and air opening, similar to stock with more filling to do to reduce depth...made support for rear window and shaped stock rear window to fit, added cutout to rear fascia for wheelie bars and did some flaring on the nose and frt fenderwell to simulate how these bodies are molded. Also, the stock headlights have been added, will do some filling there to make them look molded in. Hope to make more progress this weekend. Thanks for looking....till next time!

b4aft1.jpg

rearwin1.jpg

frtrear1.jpg

sides1.jpg

rear1.jpg