Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Corvette Summer" Kill'r

GOTH KUSTOMS

This will be my last post of a wip, I have many projects to do, and i dont get many ideas or critiqe from u guys, so I will build and save myself some time, at the same time. but I will wip this here, becouse its gonna be wild build for me, hehehehehehehehehe. and yes lets hear it all good or bad, dont be SCARED.....

Yes this is the Eckler Corvette, but thats as far as it's gonna go, take a good look, it's gonna go thru a change, somewhat...

OHHHHHH yea, found this on my towtruck today, yep already riped the bags apart an smelled the new plastic,, MAN! what a rush, dunno who sent it, no return addy, well I kno but didnt think they would send it, but it had a poop load of wide, and extra wide fender flairs, OHHHHH yea im already playing with it, heheheheheh........

Picture004.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture001.jpg

Edited by unforgiven

That's where the fenders

looking good , kinda reminds me of the old ghost rider vette by MPC.

That's where the fenders, grill, and spoiler work come from, the hard part is getting the '82 parts to fit a '76 body with a hatch back.

Edited by unforgiven

Nice looking build so far.I love the wide front end.I think if it was me.I would choose a front and rear rim set that is wide.but good job.I hear what you are saying but I look at many things and like what I see but don't coment on the tread.if I have something to add that others have not then I post.I think you should keep posting on all projects.....WIPs I mean.I hope I didn't hurt anyones feelings on this if I did I'm sorry.Thank you,Chris

Nice looking build so far.I love the wide front end.I think if it was me.I would choose a front and rear rim set that is wide.but good job.I hear what you are saying but I look at many things and like what I see but don't coment on the tread.if I have something to add that others have not then I post.I think you should keep posting on all projects.....WIPs I mean.I hope I didn't hurt anyones feelings on this if I did I'm sorry.Thank you,Chris

Yea Chris I have gone deep on both accounts, along with a set of deep dish wheels, to match, but I'm steadly thinking I didnt go deep enough, only doing the frame will tell actually, I think it will.

NO Chris you did just fine by me, an I'ts me, thats all that matters, I want input, good or bad, makes no difference to me, dont even care how people say it, just say whats on you'r mind about the build, ask questions, give ideas, good or bad, I like to build, and I build becouse I like to, and I post my WIPs becouse I want feed back, so c,mon guys dont be scared, we're talking a piece of plastic, not about my lifestyle here.....

Edited by unforgiven

OK, here is another update, see told ya, you gotta hang on, I'm currently scratching up the other side, running board? anyway the thing that brings the front and rear fenders together, sorta look like im trying to build one one of the batmobiles, :P, I assure you I'm not, well on to some pictures,

Picture013.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture011.jpg

I had one of these a loooonnnnngggg time ago. (...don't recall the same box so, must been a different issue.) I want to say I was a kid but, don't remember. Either my modeling skills really sucked back then or you are having to do a heck of a lot of work to deal with warpage and fit issues. Great job so far.

Edited by Skydime

I had one of these a looonnngg time ago. (...don't recall the same box so, must been a different issue.) I want to say I was a kid but, don't remember. Either my modeling skills really sucked back then or you are having to do a heck of a lot of work to deal with warpage and fit issues. Great job so far.

This might be the kit your thinking of, this a cross between the Eckler Custom Corvette, which is a '76, I think there are 2 re-pops of this car, so I do believe this kit has been popped like 3 times already, and the '82 Custom Corvette called Ghost Rider.

Got the Ghost Rider as really bad glue bomb, saved the body kit, have to throw the rest away, then got the Ecklers for 10 bux,, thought why the hell not, talk about reshaping, so anyway, hope this will help you remember the good ol'days......

!Bv4R0+!!mk~$(KGrHqV,!hEEv1+0GgI,BMGYy!G+k!~~_3.JPG

!B9,52ew!2k~$(KGrHqR,!hgEzepylYIrBM5uYb(qQg~~0_12.JPG

Edited by unforgiven