Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gold 78' trans Am

Scalper

Fantastic job. Kudos on the interior and completely agree on the floor mats idea.

Two things I will offer-

The Y88 "Gold Special Edition" only came with the Fisher t-tops (the large ones) instead of the leaky Hurst Hatches.

It also was available with the 15x7 rims you have pictured, but more than likely came with the 15x8 offered with the WS6 package.

Here is a fantastic site with some good pics. (I didn't even know about the different colored steering columns or tail lights until I found it!)

http://www.78ta.com/goldspecial.php

Great! Those wheels are just perfect choice for this. And I like the color of it, paintjob looks very good too. Interior has really nice color. Great job with it so far, keep coming!

And then, one suggestion: Those wheels look good, but maybe they should look bit better if you could apply just a little black wash to them. Thin Revel Enamel matt black works nicely, or I used Tamiya's acryl paint, matt black also. That is thin enough, no need for thinner... Easy little thing, and makes the wheels look better. Worth trying, and if you fail, only new coat of gold and wheels are like that again. ;)

Here is a picture of one wheels, I did like that.

P3131066.jpg

Thank you for all the comments and feed back.

Yes the GTA wheels are the winner . There are from a gta built 20 years ago. they will get retouched and blackwash.

I think the tires are from a fujumi kit

I managed to get a header on going to try on the other on tonight after work.

So I should have the engine completed tonight after my beer store run.

Thanks for all the comments.

Cheers .Andre

One this I'm picking out on this build...you shouldn't use a black permanent marker to black things out because they give off a "purple" hue that looks terrible. Other than that, the build is looking good! I for one like the Centerline wheels, but the GTA wheels look good as well. Keep it up!

• 1 month later...

Sorry I have not posted on this WIP latley . I am moving so everything has been packed. I am going thrue some pretty bad model withdraws. Hopefully once me and my wife settle in our new place I will be building again by next week. Miss the smell of my glue. :unsure:

Hopefully my models will hold up doing the move. The movers better be nice to them.

• 2 months later...

Decided to work on this one today. She survived the move. took some quick mock up pics just to get the ball rolling again.. I would say she is about 85% done. Problem is that I lost 2 of the Fujimi tires for my gta wheels. hope i find the.

Anyways hope you enjoy the bumper was taped on for the shots. Everytime I went to snap a pic it seperated leaving a nasty gap.

Thanks for the support, Comments. and MCM for having this Forum for us to share,learn, and build friendships.

DSC00658.jpg

DSC00657.jpg

DSC00659.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Andre

Did some work to the front . painted the head lights aluminum and silver sharpie . went to test fit and not the headlight buckets are stuck in there for good.

DSC00664.jpg

DSC00666.jpg

Going to work on the emblem and the bottom lights.

hope I dont mess up the paint.

Thanks for looking.

• 2 weeks later...