Model Cars Magazine Forum

COMPLETE: Revell 1/12 Mustang Shelby GT500 FULL REVIEW

David Thibodeau

Very cool kit, Simplified, but definitely impressive out of the box and a bargain for under $70.00. A base kit for superdetailing is definitely possible.

Exterior Paint: Scale finishes Grabber blue and OMNI 2 part urethane clear

Interior Paint: Scale finishes Interior Black

Stripes: Kit supplied They are bit tricky to apply. Also the front middle bumper stripe fits odd.

The rest of the kit is boxstock with decal bits and baremetal foil added in certain area.

HERE ARE THE SUBASSEMBLY PICS:

P1010730-vi.jpg

The fitment of the glass on the body was very impressive. I used a wide sharpie for the borders on the inside of the glass.

P1010731-vi.jpg

P1010733-vi.jpg

P1010735-vi.jpg

Hossolimi: Lowering the car will be tricky... The wheel wells are not that deep on the chassis itself. You can probably lower it a scale inch max. Not sure what SMS has coming out for the kit.

JohnnyB: The windows were done freehand with a wide chisel sharpie. They are marked on the inside with a ridge to guide you. I guess you could mask them but I never have been a fan of that method.

Thanks for the comments

Guest Sickfish

Very impressive! 3  up! I can't say i'm a Blue-Oval fan & i probably won't be buying this kit, well not for myself. If a mate or work friend wanted it/built, i'd most definitely recommend or build it for them 

What i'd really love  would be a new Charger/Challenger in this scale... Now i would buy a dozen of them 

Anyone have any inside info' if Revell/any other company has plans for a large scale new Mopar??

Cheers Cliffo 

Great looking model for that price. I think Revell has really gotten the glass fit down to perfection. I think the first Revell kit I built with the new style windows was the Ferrari California in 1/24th scale and they worked perfectly.

Tom Tanner/Scale Designs/Ferrari Expo 2012-Chicago March 2012

http://kaz43.fotki.com/show/ferrariexpomodelcontest/2011/model-contest/page5.html