Model Cars Magazine Forum

Just having some fun.... Please don't take me serious when I taunt.

I follow certain treads closely and I'll post just to keep the interest going. If the builder see's no one having any interest and he's in a building slump... bang. Another project in a box under the bench. This is a very cool build that we're enjoying and we're looking forward to seeing it finished. This is just friendly encouragement....

Finally, I have everything I need to take this project to completion. I'm totally happy with the Charlie Allen car going on here. It serves a plethora of requirements, the most important one being I finally get to build a car I built 45 years a go. I had about 2 years experience when I built the first one. I think this might turn out better.

Thanx one more time to you patient, patient people while this thing sorted itself out. This is gonna' be a trip !!

I should have the Dragula done this weekend, then back on this full time, no distractions.

2007-03-09001.jpg2007-03-09002.jpg2007-03-09003.jpg2007-03-09004.jpg2007-03-09005.jpg

Here's me poking my head in the door to let ya'll know that I will be back on this as soon as the Dragula stops playing games and will let me get some serious work done on it. For details, see my Dragula on Steroids topic in Drag Racing.

I want to get back on this as bad as everybody following it wants me to.

Two developments on the Bride of Deora:

1 - The window posts between the side windows is going bye bye. That will make the interior highly visible and I like the idea of a long side window. Thanx go out to Mr. Darryl Mistertwister for that one.

2 - The hauler housing will be enclosed similar to the Tommy Ivo Showboat hauler, without the room for storage compartments. That area will now be a sleeper section and a 3rd vehicle will be built as a support van of some sort or another. That's for later.

Hope to see you all back here soon.

Edit: Third development: I mistakenly thanked the wrong person for the window idea. Correction follows on next reply from me. Sorry Darryl and sorry Dave. Wait 'til you get old..........

Edited by Batzilla

You mean someone beat me to it? Now stop yakking and start building! :rolleyes:

This is what happens when people get old. Totally my bad Dave. You and Darryl look so much alike on the internet.

Correction: The window idea came from Dave. I musta been looking at Darryl's stuff just before I posted this. Yeah, that's it !! That's exactly what happened.

Well, guess it's time to stop yakking..............

It's true, really. I'm back on the Bride of Deora. Whoot !!

Here's what's happening now. It occured to me that the problem with a full size car sitting on the high sides (relatively speaking) of the body was part of the visual correctness due to the required height of the hauler housing. Therefore, I'm lowering the sides 1/4" and encroaching on the interior as well. There's a lot of unused space behind the back seats, so I'm claiming it. This will allow less overhang at the tail.

Can you say, "Where's my Dremel?" five times real fast ??

2007-03-16001.jpg2007-03-16003.jpg2007-03-16002.jpg2007-03-16005.jpg

A few more shots. Lots of plastic debris to vacuum up. The tail is filled in where the taillights would have been. There will be a pic of that in the next update. Why not now ?? Alright, I've explained this before but I'll go over it one more time. I'M OLD !!

I'll have the lights on the hauler door.

Later for now.

2007-03-16024.jpg2007-03-16023.jpg2007-03-16022.jpg

I've just been reading through this build and it looks great, someone mentioned about having a pool in the rear, could you not have a trap door in the flat bed, have the door open outwards (like cellar doors), that way they'd give you a little privacy on the sides, just a passing thought...

Andy...

Last night before I hit the sack (Don't look at me, the sack started it !!), I laid down the bed rail strips.

I woke up in the middle of the night (because I'm old, 'nuff said), and I normally go right back to sleep. Two hours later, I came up with the template for the hauler.

I'm debating the issue of the sleeper. I can put a sleeper in, that's not the problem. It does make the rear bed overhang a little long. Also debating a low angle Kenworth type roof spoiler to butt up to the front of the hauler. I think it will look cool even though it's not "period correct", plus it makes the seam on the cab roof a non-issue.

Also of note, The b-pillars are gone and the side windows have a full widescreen view of the world. One more thing. I have not ruled out the addition of a spa in the bed and I love the cellar door type idea. Thanx for that.

2007-03-17004.jpg2007-03-17001.jpg2007-03-17002.jpg2007-03-17003.jpg

Sorry for the delay. Had to upgrade PhotoBucket. Ding Dang it !!

On to the goodies. Got the hauler sides done and the plate sitting in the bed will attach to the underside of the hauler body. Also, there will be sleeperage. Oh Yes, there will. I KNOW, RIGHT ??

It will feature doors on both sides and an entrance from the interior. There will be a bed / couch that will be in desperate need of a covering made using Darryl's famous tissue technique, should the day come that I actually learn it from, oh, I don't know, maybe a tutorial ?? There will also be a fold up table that will have a widescreen TV underneath so when the table is in the up position, Joila', TV.

I'll start on the top and bottom tomorrow, okay ??

2007-03-17007.jpg2007-03-17008.jpg2007-03-17009.jpg2007-03-17010.jpg2007-03-18001.jpg

Edited by Batzilla

Very pleased with today's progress. I cut 1/2" off the back of the interior bucket. The base plate has a cutout for sleeper access / crawlway from the interior. Both sides get sleeper access doors. I will now use the opening as a template to make a smaller door so that it will mount flush.

With both sides mounted to the base, I'll let that dry overnight before gluing the front to the base. Tomorrow you'll see the hauler body on the bed for the first time. Are we jazzed about that ??

2007-03-18004.jpg2007-03-18005.jpg2007-03-18006.jpg2007-03-18008.jpg

This is fun stuff. Not only did I get to do a trial fit of the housing, I've got the inside track on having the housing slide back to a pivot point, then the back drops down. This will allow easy on and off loading of the car and should give us good exposure to the hot tub. the bed is getting the rail guides and the housing will have the rails.

I've done a test with another model and it seems likely this will probably work. Keep your fingers crossed everybody.

Tony and Brad, I think I'll sleep well tonite.

One more thing. See the Xacto knife in the second picture ?? Picked it up at Big Lots with a dozen blades included in a plastic box nice enough to use as a display for something. The knife handle is the best I've ever held and changing blades is lightning quick and easy on the hands. Thought I'd pass that along. It was in the tool section for $10.00.

2007-03-20001.jpg2007-03-20002.jpg2007-03-20003.jpg2007-03-20004.jpg2007-03-20007.jpg

Edited by Batzilla