Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scale Model Speedway?

Bill Coulter

I'm trying to find some folks I did business with many years ago. The company name was Scale Model Speedway. The propiertors were Joe and Tamara Alvey. They used to live in Owneboro, Kentucky. SMS was probably best know for making a cloth-like line of NASCAR stock car window nets in 1/25th and 1/24th scales. Each kit came with two sets of parts which included the netting as well as photo-etch and fine wire to replicate all the hardware. I continue to use their products on occasion and just wondered if they are still in business or what had happened to the product line. In future magazine articles I'd like to be able to make reference to SMS if I use one of their products unless their out of business.

Thanks...

Bill Coulter

• 4 weeks later...

Mike...mike...Adams...Adams? I'm thinking I used to know a guy by that name...maybe. Fun guy...sometimes. Used to laugh my hind parts off when we'd get together...most of the time. Since I hadn't heard from him for a few years I just figured he'd been abducted by one of those Kool-aid drinking moon-beam cults. Maybe he's escaped? Could this be the same guy who used to attend the annual COMA dinner/show in Dayton in October before Toledo? If it is...he'd better have a really good excuse why he's be AWOL the last few years.

Thanks Mike for the heads-up on the Alvey's...

BC

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...