Model Cars Magazine Forum

'32 Ford Sedan completed!

cruz

This is really great looking build! I like the color on it, and paintjob is very nice. I like the engine too, but maybe I'd change those valve covers. They have bit too much race look for this style Hot Rod, I think... But it's of course the best how builder likes it. But very nice Hot Rod all over, keep these great models coming. B)

Edited by W-409

Thanks guys. Niko, when I purchased the RMco.MD 8 stromberg resin fuel log from Norm Veber, I didn't purchase it with the additional vintage valve cover that comes in his other kit, I agree with you that another set of valve covers would have looked better in there.

Ron, the color I used was Testor's enamel flat light blue but I did put in a few extra drops of white to lighten it up more. After this, I wetsanded the paint and finished off with Testor's One Coat Lacquer Clear.

Jim, the trick to painting those hub cap logos is just to dip some paint into the lettering and lightly wetting a piece of cloth with some mineral spirits to take off the excess paint.