Model Cars Magazine Forum

Colored glass ?

You can also dye the kit glass with RIT fabric dye. The advantage is that you're actually tinting the plastic itself, instead of spraying color on the surface...so you'll never get any dust specks or other imperfections in your tinted glass.

another thing ive tried with some luck is to mix food color with future floor wax and then paint it on the inside of the glass or just dip the glass in it and let the excess drain onto a paper towel. works good when you mix tamiya clears with future too, to thin the colored clear. and if it doesnt look good, straight ammonia will remove it without a trace.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not fond of spraying acrylics so I decanted some Testors candy blue and candy green and mixed them (don't remember the ratio right now but it's written on the jar) and thinned them even further than they are in the cans. I keep it on hand for window tint. A light coat looks like factory tint or build up more coats for a custom look. Just spray it on the inside surface and mask off the outside to prevent overspray.

moto.jpg

• 2 weeks later...