Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Lonestar truck

I don't mean to be rude but I think that the lonestar is UGLY! I wish they would have produced the PRO STAR or even A 9670 from the mid 1980"s My dad worked for International Harvester(NAVISTAR) and I have the 4070 A,transtar 4270(acctually a 4200) 4 transtar 4300's 2 transtar II's paystar 5000 and S-Series 2575,2674's and the Payhauler 350 this dont include the scout II's I have. Dont get me wrong i glad they did a navistar truck ,just wish it was a diffrent one. But could the lonestar be changed into a pro star ? someone please make the parts to do so.

That would be nice I havent seen the kit only in pictures. i hear it exspensive though! most of the trucks I bought have been under 40.00 case inpoint Just got the Movin' On truck kit somebody had in their collection(he passed away) so his family sold it to a hobby shop here in Nw Ohio. It was still factory sealed and I paid $32.00 Tax included! I Painted with testors quick dry emerld green laquer paints as its hard to find out the true green paint that it was for real!(man I wish they'd bring that show back!)

That would be nice I havent seen the kit only in pictures. i hear it exspensive though! most of the trucks I bought have been under 40.00 case inpoint Just got the Movin' On truck kit somebody had in their collection(he passed away) so his family sold it to a hobby shop here in Nw Ohio. It was still factory sealed and I paid $32.00 Tax included! I Painted with testors quick dry emerld green laquer paints as its hard to find out the true green paint that it was for real!(man I wish they'd bring that show back!) Check RTV tv network at 2:00pm I watch every other friday I'm off, they show it on that channel. Its channel 13 where I live in california good luck!!

Comparing the new Lonestar kit to any of AMT's tired, outdated old kits is like comparing a Chevette to a Corvette!!!!!! I am not a big fan of how the Lonestar looks but after getting some and seeing the incredible detail, ten times the parts you get in an AMT kit and with it being so well designed and accurate, I'm liking it more and more!!!!!!!!!

This Lonestar kit is the first kit of a modern truck ever done with this much detail and accuracy!

As mentioned it costs a little more than a reissue of an AMT kit but it costs less than an Italeri or Revell kit so the pricing is quite reasonable for what you get!!!!!

Maybe I will find one someone decided they dont want the one they got I take care of my wife 24/7 shes in poor health so we live on 694 per mo. After paying bills there not much left. Models help keep me sane! Hope a prostar hood shows up to make the pro star.

Comparing the new Lonestar kit to any of AMT's tired, outdated old kits is like comparing a Chevette to a Corvette!!!!!! I am not a big fan of how the Lonestar looks but after getting some and seeing the incredible detail, ten times the parts you get in an AMT kit and with it being so well designed and accurate, I'm liking it more and more!!!!!!!!!

This Lonestar kit is the first kit of a modern truck ever done with this much detail and accuracy!

As mentioned it costs a little more than a reissue of an AMT kit but it costs less than an Italeri or Revell kit so the pricing is quite reasonable for what you get!!!!!

This is exactly the point! Accurate, challenging and exciting big rig truck kits can be offered today that sell and make profits for the manufacture. For years I have been writing to model comapanies about offering new truck subjects and I know for a fact that others have done the same. The cost of the Lonestar kit is not that expensive considering inflation over the last 35 years. Minimum wage in 1975, during the hey day of truck model kits was $2.10, which was about $6.10 in today's dollars. And today's kits are more detailed!

• 1 month later...

Yes, they do. The Lonestar, and Prostar are essentially the same truck from the firewall back. The basic cab shell is also shared with the 4000 (Workstar, Durastar), 7000, and even the new Terrastar.

There is nothing shared between the Lonestar/Prostar cab and the "I" series cab.

Our ProStar is coming in 2012 we didn't have anything to show @ I Hobby but it is on our price list for distributors along with a new 53 ft Great Dane reefer...

I'll post more details as soon as I have something to show!

Dave

Dave, welcome news. Thermo King or Carrier unit?