Model Cars Magazine Forum

99 Crew cab Chevy

Sorry I should have started with..... New here my name is David I have been building for over 30 years on and off, took some time off for the kids... Now trying to get back in to it, this is my first in a few years! Thanks for looking......Heres a couple more pics.....

DSCN1141-vi.jpg

DSCN1072-vi.jpg

DSCN1139-vi.jpg

Thanks for comments... This is close to my truck but is missing the fender flares and its a Chevy not a GMC... But it does have the 8.1 engine and alison trans in it here is a pic of my truck...

DSCN1146-vi.jpg

I may even try to build the Mallard camper in the back ground... Not sure about that one yet..

Nice build Dave. It's pretty cool to see build ups of everyday vehicles, Especially one of my favorites, A full size GM quad cab truck :) . It's a bummer nobody cast the parts in resin to convert it to a GMC. My wifes step dad has a GMC 3500 dually in your 1;1 body style. Great job on the over all build !! I really like the plow. B) Nate

Thanks for the comments...... Hey Ben this is two Revell 99 Chevy ext cabs cut up and put back together, the rear door handles and 4 wheel drive are from AMT caddi ext and the engine is a big block from the parts bin made in to a 8.1, scratch built the rest......... Here are some progress pics on the plow set up.......

DSCN1250-vi.jpg

DSCN1252-vi.jpg

DSCN1257-vi.jpg

P.S. Shane if I can do it any one can..... Just keep trying....

That is coming along quite nicely. I would suggest that you consider resin casting that plow as there are members here who would probably buy one (or more!) or you may want to have one for your next project.

I agree that it is a shame that no one has cast a resin crew cab in the current body style, I see many possibilities.

Not sure if you are going to duplicate those plow lights but if not, Craig Hosfeld (mannyclub on this forum) casts some nice ones that I bought earlier this year. Clean castings and nice decals for the lights!

Can't wait to see more of this one!

Thanks for all the comments..... Hey Mike I have considered it with the truck and been in contact with one of the casters, but he was not sure how well it would do.... So I built it so he could see it finished. If he likes it I will build one more and send it to him.. I have not tried to cast myself so I don't know how it would turn out, and it is not exact I would need to build another before I could cast it...... Thanks for the suggestions I

appreciate it..... Now on to the headlights I did build them let me know what you guys think... First the 1:1......DSCN1263-vi.jpg

DSCN1264-vi.jpg

And here are the ones I made.....

DSCN1274-vi.jpg

DSCN1284-vi.jpg

DSCN1281-vi.jpg

I still need to build the pump, motor and paint the blade and lift head yellow maybe tomorrow.....

I made it from two Revell 99 Chevy Silverado Ext cabs was able to make the crew cab and a regular cab.... Same with the frame and interior so I still have two kits to build which is nice..... The four wheel drive and rear door handles are from the AMT Cadillac Esclade EXT...

Looks very realistic there David! Those lights are near spot on replicas of the real thing. That looks like it is very close to being done and ready for the first snowfall!

Hope you are successful in getting that crew cab body cast, I think it would sell!