Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT M&H Racemaster Dragster Slicks & Parts Pack Tires

Gregg

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I have a couple questions on AMT PP005. This set is out of production, but I'm looking to find more of these front tires. Were there any other Round 2 kits from the last 10 years that they would be in? I have about 5 other projects I need these for to go with my SweeTee. I have a line on the blue stripe slicks since they came in their own set pack of 8 and are easier to find.

image.png.9b8223176fc780fe4955d25d06a650c3.png

image.png.6c48ffad3f71717f27b328a60840b7b6.png

Those front tires date back to about 1968 with MPC.  Pretty much every MPC funny car kit from then on had them, as well as Round 2 reissues of same.  Round 2 has included them in their reissues of the '33 and '40 Willys as well as the '56 Ford.  

I haven't bought the most recent reissue funny cars, but I understand that this tire has been retooled and now has smooth sidewalls.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mark said:

Those front tires date back to about 1968 with MPC.  Pretty much every MPC funny car kit from then on had them, as well as Round 2 reissues of same.  Round 2 has included them in their reissues of the '33 and '40 Willys as well as the '56 Ford.  

I haven't bought the most recent reissue funny cars, but I understand that this tire has been retooled and now has smooth sidewalls.

Thank you. Wonder why they removed the side wall detail? Not that it was well defined anyway. Probably a licensing issue as per usual.

1 hour ago, Mr. Metallic said:

I have a couple questions on AMT PP005. This set is out of production, but I'm looking to find more of these front tires. Were there any other Round 2 kits from the last 10 years that they would be in? I have about 5 other projects I need these for to go with my SweeTee. I have a line on the blue stripe slicks since they came in their own set pack of 8 and are easier to find.

image.png.9b8223176fc780fe4955d25d06a650c3.png

MPC930 Blue Max Mustang F/C, MPC964 Ramchargers Challenger F/C, MPC993 Bantam Blast and MPC1001 Muldowney Mustang Car are some current kits that should have those Denman style front tires.   

-Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SteveG said:

MPC930 Blue Max Mustang F/C, MPC964 Ramchargers Challenger F/C, MPC993 Bantam Blast and MPC1001 Muldowney Mustang Car are some current kits that should have those Denman style front tires.   

-Steve

Thank you very much for your response Steve. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteveG said:

-Steve

Round2 should offer a 10 pack of those Denmans, I would be a buyer 😬

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hondamatic said:

Round2 should offer a 10 pack of those Denmans, I would be a buyer 😬

I know that I’m really getting low on my parts pack slicks supply. It would be great to see all of them reissued . Some drag front tires would be great too. 

7 hours ago, Mr. Metallic said:

Those little Denman front drag tires are in the last two re-issues of the AMT '56 Ford Victoria kits by Round2 [AMT 807 (2013), AMT 1308 (2022)].

AMT 807 '56 Ford Victoria 2013.jpg

AMT 1308 '56 Ford Victoria 2022.jpg

• Like 1