Model Cars Magazine Forum

Model Factory Hiro 1953 ferrari 500 f2 update 2

The Phenom

Hi guys !

this is part of the fuel and oil tank before i start to work with :wacko::( ,ugly huhh!?

SANY0057-7.jpg

now after hours of sanding,polishing,metal priming,a little welding here an there., drilling and make some adjustments :wub:

Now looks better ,looks like a real aluminum hand formed fuel tank,i just need to complete the oil tank in the same way that i do with the fuel tank and is done!,the oil tank goes on the rear part of the fuel tank in those tinny pins.,

SANY0050-5.jpg

SANY0052-4.jpg

Must say that this is truly a magnificent build and superb work in detailing of a quite difficult and expensive model...as all HIRO kits seems to be!!, as very well said by fellow forum members, the result shown here is the result of a LOT of work and a master touch by the builder.

Fred

Thank you very much for those kind of words Fred! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!!

here some pics .,

i assembled the hood hook pins,these hood pins are made from 5 springs(comes with the kit) and the photoetched hooks

the hood needs five ,so i glued the parts with 5 minute epoxy ,since they are functional they need a strong glue to avoid loose the parts when remove the hood. see...

SANY0017-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

SANY19-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

SANY0019-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

SANY0020-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

SANY22-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki