Model Cars Magazine Forum

How to do the trim?

however if you are impatient you could try dry brushing in conjunction with tape around the trim just to keep it neat.there are hundreds of tips all over this forum find the builders that build cars that you like and check out their on the workbench posts.

If you're apprehensive about trying bare metal foil,get yourself a silver Sharpie marker. They work great for people who are just getting into the hobby. I bought one for my seven year old son and he did quite well with it for his first time using it.

If you are building your first build, maybe painting those could be easier. So use Masking tape, and paint those trims with small brush very carefully. It takes time, but end result is worth it, if you can make it.

Here I didn't use the masking tape, only small brush and silver enamel paint. End result is not perfect, far away from that, but it's pretty good I think. It's built many years ago anyway.

Oldsilmankonepelti.jpg