Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Nova street machine

RTK434

After going to the september showdown I was inspired to get back to building. Here is my 69 Nova I'm working on. So far I lowered the front end, added a set of Ma's resins drag radials and started building a set of caltrac bars. More to come sooner than later I hope.

cars001.jpg

cars004.jpg

cars005.jpg

Edited by RTK434

Jeff, i love how the drag radial sits in the wheelwell which reminds me a lot of how a 275/60-15 can fit into a slightly clearanced 1:1 Nova wheelwell. you've pretty much nailed that perfectly B)

also like the color if the wheels are any indication of what's to come. keep us posted!

I used my uncles Nova that i built a few winters ago as referance for the stance. And yes the car will be gold maybe with a white roof.

Thanks to everyone else for you comments. I can use the extra motivation so this dosen't end up like my last few started projects.

• 2 weeks later...

Made a little progress on this one the last couple nights. A set of subframe connectors were added and the rear shocks were moved inboard to better clear the tires. The chassis is painted but still needs some detail painting done. I also modified the oil pan to look like a 6 qt moroso pan and started assembly of the motor. Here's a few pics. Thanks for looking!

cars009.jpg

cars010.jpg

cars008.jpg

cars007.jpg

This is going to be a nice one. It looks like you are going for the sleeper look with those wheels and I think that is better than putting 22" wheels on it!

I remember someone building a replica of a 1:1 Nova here a few months back, modeled after the car known as "Suckers Bet", is that what you are shooting for?

This is going to be a nice one. It looks like you are going for the sleeper look with those wheels and I think that is better than putting 22" wheels on it!

I remember someone building a replica of a 1:1 Nova here a few months back, modeled after the car known as "Suckers Bet", is that what you are shooting for?

I guess it could be considered a sleeper but I'm really just going for a modified old muscle car that happens to have steel wheels and dog dish hubcaps. I've always been a big fan of steel wheels for some reason.

• 5 weeks later...

Finally got back to the bench on this one. Since in the 1:1 car world I'm a nitrous guy I figured my model could use a nice plate system. I also started on some wiring and plumbing. This is my first attempt at braided lines and I'm happy with the results so far. Thanks for looking!

cars014.jpg

cars013.jpg

cars015.jpg