Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Nova street machine

RTK434

Thanks everyone for the compliments!!! :D

Looks awesome Jeff, the plate system is dead on the money, those solenoids take the cake,,,

Thanks Tyrone! That means alot coming from you. I check your builds out regualarly for inspiration. I also have some good full scale referance parts in my garage which makes it handy.

Jeff-

Build is exceptional and has the "right" look for sure. What color / brand of paint did you use for the chassis? Looks to be a semi gloss.

The paint on the chassis is krylon semi flat # 1613. I have not had any luck lately finding this in stores. I recently bought a box of 6 cans offan online industrial supply company.

Edited by RTK434

• 2 weeks later...

Hope to have an update on this one soon. Body is ready for paint but I can't find any TS-13 anywhere. I know Tamiya paint is a little tricky and would hate to use other clear and have an issue.

Try Model Master, from what I hear their paints aren't as hot as Tamiya's, and are less likely to have problems than other brands.

The Nova's looking good by the way!

Hope to have an update on this one soon. Body is ready for paint but I can't find any TS-13 anywhere. I know Tamiya paint is a little tricky and would hate to use other clear and have an issue.

Great build Jeff, Did you try modelbahn ott in gilbertsville? they carry tamiya paint and may have it.

Great build Jeff, Did you try modelbahn ott in gilbertsville? they carry tamiya paint and may have it.

Thanks Joe. That was the first place I tried since it's only 5 minutes from my house. I had no luck anywhere local and it seems to be out of stock all the places I looked online also.

• 2 weeks later...

Body is painted and on the chassis hopefully for good. Next project will be to make a couple fuel pressure regulators and a throttle cable bracket so I can get the underhood buttoned up. Still have a few more little details to add underhood aswell. Thanks for looking.

nova001.jpg

nova002.jpg

nova003.jpg

nova004.jpg