Model Cars Magazine Forum

Non-Tip Tenax Holder (Cheap)

von Zipper

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A small upgrade to the funnel idea... get a cork from a wine bottle (great excuse to buy a bottle of wine!), shave the cork down to fit the Tenax bottle, drill a hole through the cork and insert the brush handle. The cork should give a tighter seal than the funnel, but still be easy enough to pull out (as long as you don't jam the cork in too tightly!).

• 2 weeks later...

Given that Tenax isn't readily available, here's my solution: I bought, about 10yrs ago, a pint can of Weld-On #3 (so very similar to Tenax, it works exactly the same), for the unbelievable price of $8, at an industrial plastics supply house here (most cities of any size at all have somebody who deals in plexiglas and the liquid cements --generally Weld-ON--look in the yellow pages, or White Pages online). I use a common turkey baster to transfer Weld-On as needed to my Tenax bottle, works like a charm!

I second the idea of using rattle can tops to provide a spill resistant carrier for those pesky little bottles, too! Great idea!

Art

• 1 year later...