Model Cars Magazine Forum

Any pics from the Classic Plastic Show in Ma?

I was there and did okay. Took 1st in the '55-57 Chevy theme class with my '56 Chevy stock car, took a 3rd in another competition class with my '66 Ford stock car. I left the camera at home.. wife had a zillion pictures in it that I would have to download first. There are some pictures on the Hobby Heaven site and maybe the Scale Auto site as well.

Bob

i really liked your 2 stock cars the chevy was super..

Thanks, they were a ton of work but worth the effort. I should have put a couple of them in the documented replica class, but couldn't dig up my reference material. What did you bring? There were a lot of good models on the table, close to 300 I'd say.

Bob

I will agree, the show was a bit of dud this year with some very strange classifications of entries. There were, however, some very nice entries. Art Paquin told me that entries were up this year, to 297. I thought one of the nicest models there was John Dezan's Lonestar, done in Candian National Railroad livery. I also liked Vince LoBosco's Aston-Marti, I don't remember if I got any pictures of it, though.

There was also a very nicely done 1970s Chevy conversion van, resplendent in it glorious tackiness! I was a bit disappointed that neither it nor its companion Chevy Van-based motorhome placed.

Best of Show went to Charlie Rowley's largely scratchbuilt '59 Dodge W-300 firetruck.

I didn't catch the date for next year, but I know the theme will be '32 Fords- any manufacturer, any style.

Charlie Larkin