Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Feel Good" Modeling

Nitrozilla

I just saw a recent reminder that, although they may not be a mighty force, we do have kid's that are forum watcher's. That reminded me of the models I built for my grandbratz (Love you guys!), for Christmas of 2009. They are special because I didn't even know they existed until October of 09! I had lost contact with my daughter 30+ years ago and we have been reunited. So for our first Christmas, I built each of them a model. I won't go into the ugly details, but I had to knock out 3 box stock builds in 2 weeks while working.

The completion of those models was one of the prouder moments of my life. So there you have it. Just a quick reminder to love our children and be mindful of their presence when we are posting.

One last little thing. The presence of the cigarettes and ashtray. These pics were not originally intended for posting and I keep them out of sight in my current pics out of respect for those who don't smoke. The kid's are starting to put pressure on me about it and I am making a concentrated effort to cut back. I think Captain Jeau-Luc Picard said it best. "There are fewer days ahead than there are behind."

DSC00212-1.jpgDSC00214.jpgDSC00231.jpgDSC00232.jpgDSC00237.jpg

Joe really great story and awesome job on the model kit's my friend....two week's is a mighty short time to have completed those. I'm currently building a '32 Ford sedan for my god child. I got it for him on his first Christmas :) Cut back on them cig's Joe...heck you need any support just Im me and I will pat your back. It's been a year since I quit and I'm not looking back bud.

Their mom promised me they wouldn't play with them, but I did make the mistake of not gluing down the clear cases. I made a point of finding out what each kid's favourite color was and painted each accordingly

Thanx to all for the nice comments and the offer of support Steve. I've tried to quit a half dozen times and usually something work related got me started again. Since I'm not working anymore, maybe it's time to give it another shot.

Edited by Batzilla

Really nice builds, Joe. Glad to hear you and your daughter found each other and she gives you 3 grandkids to now enjoy. Since you aren't working you have plenty of time enjoy what you missed early on in their lives. If you are serious about quitting the smokes just look at your grandkids' faces and do it for them. With the cost of a pack upwards of $10 in places that alone should help because you would have money to do things with them. Maybe even get them into building along with Grandpa.

I quit "cold turkey" in 1983 and haven't looked back on that decision. Good luck to you and your family.

Nice stuff!!!

Every time you are tempted to light up ... just think how disappointed those grand ... bratz ... would be if you weren't there to be in their lives. I guarantee it will help you decide between 'more time with them' or 'another cigarette'.

Don't let them experience the horrors of dealing with a beloved grandpa battling cancer ~ it's ugly and scary and nasty; for everyone, but especially for the kids. I know.