Model Cars Magazine Forum

hi guys if for some reason there is a better place for this then by all means move it mods but as i see it this is the best place for the help i need!

i got a Paasche h-series airbrush set (go to what you get thread for pics) and im trying to find a air compressor that would be great for it but im having a hard time finding one thats not made in china!

i dont want a chinese pos (dont mean to offend anyone here but if i do then pm me and we will talk) in my hobby room

needs to be under a 100 dollar bill and any and all suggestions welcomed!

so please help?

That's going to be tough for that price, and also that I recommend a unit that will guarantee up to at least 45-50psi. If you are only going to spray acrylics and other types of hobby paints, you might only need something that will go up into the 35psi range, but for lacquers, etc . . . you need a bit more power.

Look around in places like CHICAGO AIRBRUSH and COASTAIRBRUSH.COM.

They are all going to be from china in that price range.......

i want to try to avoid that at all possible!

I bought the 1 gallon Campbell Hasufeld compressor from Walmart for likr $%0 about 10 years ago. It is higher than that now but it has worked flawlessly the last 10 years. it has a built in regulator. All you would need is a moisture trap for it.

i saw that one down there and its about 54$ and change not bad for a chinese good! i was actually looking into a craftsman one until i saw the wording "manufactured in china" on it then i walked away!

Like some of the other have said, you're going to have a hard time finding a domestically produced air compressor in the price range you've set. You'll also find that many of them, especially in the smaller sizes, are oilless. There isn't a problem with that, unless you run them hard, in which case they don't hold up well.

One bit of advise I'll pass along though; Get a compressor that's higher in capacity that what you think you need, double the capacity is a good guideline. You can never go too small with an air compressor.

Get your butt over to Lowe's. They carry a 3 gallon Campbell Hausfeld with a regulator for about $60. Grab yourself a water trap and a couple fittings and you're ready to go. If you get to Lowe's at the right time, you'll also get a nailer with the compressor. And . . . if you're a US military Veteran, Lowe's will give you a 10% discount - ANYTIME!

Get your butt over to Lowe's. They carry a 3 gallon Campbell Hausfeld with a regulator for about $60. Grab yourself a water trap and a couple fittings and you're ready to go. If you get to Lowe's at the right time, you'll also get a nailer with the compressor. And . . . if you're a US military Veteran, Lowe's will give you a 10% discount - ANYTIME!

1 u sure! i was down there the other day and there cheapest one was 99.99$! and the nailer i dont need unless someone here as a use for it? and im not a vet but i got a grandfather thats a korean vet (51') and my father served in the air force! i even tried to get in but they wouldnt take me cause of hearing issues! and besides which is cheaper 10% or a family 50%? discount? i am wanting a non chinese air compressor (i know its hard but i bet theres one out there somewhere!)

I bought a small Craftsman compressor for the hobby room after years of going through hobby comprtessors like water. It was on sale right at a hundred bucks (and this was 8-9 years ago, so it may be a bit over your budget by now) but it has been absolutely trouble-free.

i know all about craftsman i was actually looking into one since my father has not a ton but almost every single tool out (even the specialty stuff) for his job so i was looking into one until i saw the wording "manufactured in china" on it then i just walked away and oh it was just a couple dollars over a hundred dollar bill which isnt bad!

..........and marc i read and replied!

home depot has a husky 1.5 air scout compressor. its made in the US and its now 99 bucks.

i dont own one of these, but its what i found that's made in the US.

http://www.homedepot...ocStoreNum=1002

or look here, there are some different ones there. husky and cambell hausfeld are US made. at least that what they say..

http://shopping.yahoo.com/air-power-tools/;_ylt=AhLp6SDX4J0i0HM3lbVEeyUbFt0A?p=air+compressor&pt=110

Edited by LAone

home depot has a husky 1.5 air scout compressor. its made in the US and its now 99 bucks.

i dont own one of these, but its what i found that's made in the US.

http://www.homedepot...ocStoreNum=1002

or look here, there are some different ones there. husky and cambell hausfeld are US made. at least that what they say..

http://shopping.yaho...mpressor&pt=110

1 no home depot near me!

2 cambell hausfield is made in china (says so right on the box!)

What's the China deal? Model kits are made there, TVs, cell phones, DVDs, and on and on. Most of the electronics in our autos/trucks are from China.

you would understand more if you watch a tv show called hoppinmadhillbilly knife show (you have to watch a couple of them to understand)

www.hoppinmadhillbilly.com