Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '67 Chevelle pro street(Interior complete update)

krazyglu

Hello all this my latest kit.....actually found it in my friends stash of model kit stuff(shhh). Not going to over the top as I like to actually finish these thing's in a decent amount of time. I did some scratch building and plan to do a little more. I also slammed the car as that is always number one on my list :D. This was also my first two tone paint job and while I'm really happy with It I sure learned some thing's to do better next time....such as allowing the first color to fully cure before you tape over it. I waited 24hrs and I still have tape mark's on the metallic grey. Interior Is pretty well finished besides lap belt's and I'm thinking floor mat's in the model master leather color. Thanks you everyone....I have watched and learned quite a bit from this forum and I love the positive fun attitude. Decided it was time to stop lurking and join the fun. All comments welcome.

245ow.jpg

244g.jpg

243fs.jpg

240f.jpg

Edited by krazyglu

The shifter was scratch built..my pop's has one in his '73 Duster and I always loved how "business" those shifters looked. It's a square piece of evergreen plastic sanded to that shape..then I cut and sanded the slot for the stick. The other piece's are thin evergreen and part of a gas pedal assembly I found. The stem and ball came with the kit and I modified them. The tiny reverse lock out stem is simply a tiny wire as are the ring's. Here is a close up. Thanks guy's i'm completely flattered you thought it was a aftermarket item.

239c.jpg

Wow thank you everyone for the positive comments. I have been quite busy with work, girl, and everyday life ,but did manage to get some of the work done on the lap belts. Decided to go with a Simpson cam lock style. Here is a quick mock up I threw together ,but I plan on making the belt run through the side of the seat and bolting next to the tran. tunnel in some fashion. I really appreciate all the great responses on the two tone and color choice. The color's I used were model master anthracite gray metallic and colors by Boyd orange pearl. The silver stripe is pactra rc/model tape and testors wet look clear top it off.

007jwo.jpg

003xxy.jpg

Thanks guys I really appreciate you taking the time to look and comment....keeps me hard at it. Got all the chassis components painted. I used Alclad II chrome paint for the first time and this stuff is amazing. Also got all the holes drilled on the block and distributor for wiring. Things should really start falling into to place and this thing should be under glass soon ,but you fellas know how that goes :lol: Thanks again everyone