Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th 57 Chevy Turbo ProMod (03-14-13) Finished Bull-Horns with V-band clamps

Prostreet

Put the weld decals on the fuel/oil cell's and the intake and painted them, Used matte black for the cell's and Krylon aluminum on the intake. The aluminum didn't lay as flat as i would have hoped, I may try and polish it a little in a couple days, It's a little more brighter than i would have liked. Thought about dull coating it, I was originally going to do it black. I started on the steering rack and front struts and a-arms, hope to have that stuff mounted to the chassis tommarrow, Once that's done i may start on making the front brakes. One of these days i will get better at pictures lol.

014-vi.jpg

026-vi.jpg

016-vi.jpg

015-vi.jpg

JOE, THOSE WELD DECALS LOOK GREAT!

DID YOU MAKE THOSE OR BUY THEM?

Thx. Tom, They are made by Archer. The decals are very nice and they have very fast shipping, They can be fragile to work with so you have to be careful with them. I purchased there Perfect weld bead starter sheet that comes with various size welds, that way i could determine what sizes i wanted to use.

http://archertransfers.com/AR88005.html

Thx. Tom, They are made by Archer. The decals are very nice and they have very fast shipping, They can be fragile to work with so you have to be careful with them. I purchased there Perfect weld bead starter sheet that comes with various size welds, that way i could determine what sizes i wanted to use.

http://archertransfers.com/AR88005.html

THANKS FOR THE LINK JOE, I'LL HAVE TO GET SOME OF THOSE :)

Thx. Tyrone, Tom glad i could help out. So today i got the steering rack detailed and installed along with the steering shaft. I used the the Boots of the TDR innovations rack and added Tabs to the boots from Futurattraction .For the steering shaft i was trying to replicate the Apex u-joints that have the dust boot, To do this i used some Protech spark plugs boots and then wrapped some .020" rod around them, They are suppose to be orange but i don't have any flat orange so i made them flat black. I also started working on the front struts and might have the front supension hung on the chassis tommarrow.

002-vi.jpg

004-vi.jpg

005-vi.jpg

Edited by Prostreet

Thx Rom, Where the heck have you been hiding ? lol.

Ive been around just haven't been building lately, I still haven't been able to put my shop together in the new house. But I stop in every now and then to see what going on seeing your build has me home sick ( so to speak) LOL! keep up the excellent work! B)