Model Cars Magazine Forum

ok guys i am almost computer illiterate.but if someone has the time some day and would like to help me out i would like to know how to post some pictures on this wonderful site. i love looking at everyone elses ideas and details i would like some feed back on what i am doing.it is so cool to see guys talking to each other about their hobby and acting like they have been life long friends. i just feel the need to share what i do too as there is no one here that even understands what we do. nobody else cares why you would fill the seams on the rearends or the sleeper joints. they just dont get it.you guys have no idea the amount of info i have absorbed in the 3 months i have been reading this site before i joined. you all and your friendliness is the reason i joined. thanks for the help and listening to me babble.

Welcome aboard Jeff. I will try to explain as best I can. For starters click post reply, or new topic in the list of topics. When you get to the box where you do your typing, right below it is a link that says Add Image to post. Click it, and after a sec or two, a window should open, look near the top of the window where it says Browse, and click. It should take you to where you can open pic on your comp. Once you do that, find your way to the disk, camera memory stick, or folder, or wherever you keep your pix, and click on the one you want. You will then be brought back to the window that popped up. Click up load it. Look in the box for the text. You will see two lines worth of computer text and whatnot. Somewhere in those 2 lines is the name of the pic. If you want to post another, simply click add image to post again, and repeat from there. I know this sounds like I'm being sarcastic, but I figured if you missed a step, or didn't know that when uploaded, it shows up as the text name first, you may get lost. When you click submit, you will see the actual pic. I hope I explained that ok. You may have a slightly different program, but that's what happens for me. Good luck. 8)

well man to be honest i havent had the time. i want to be sure nobodys around to bug me. hopefully i will be able to try this weekend. i made me a photo box to take the pictures in that can be used with or without mirrors. really cool effect with the way i have the lighting set up on my workbench. unfortunately i find since i started wearing glasses last year it takes more light to do any thing. thanks for checking though. if it works i guess you will be one of the first to know. later jeff