Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's hear it ILLINOIS modelers

Monte's Motors

It's been about as nice a winter as I can remember. Not much snow, temps way above average 9 days out of 10.

I love it!

Easier to drive that Mustang when the roads are dry and clear, huh Harry?

We are getting a little snow and rain mix tonight here in Charlotte but it will be 60 degrees by Tuesday. I had to mow the lawn yesterday, something I never had to do in February when I lived in Illinois!

northwest side of the city, norwood park area kind of, crook county for sure guys, jeesh :wacko: im just glad they are lenient on our 1:1 hot rods otherwise i'd gtfo of this place. winters arent too bad lol makes you prepare for the worst no matter were we at!

Yea, we've discovered with the RC Rock Crawler stuff that the Cook Co. Park District doesn't have any issues with us playing on the rocks at places like Busse. Here in DuPage of you want to fly or run a boat, you have to buy permits (and you have to be an AMA member to get a plane permit), go to specific places, and don't you dar play with a car there and get caught by the wrong ranger! A friend of mine was threatened with a ticket and confiscation of the crawler (that topped out around 5mph) he was driving at the time. Luckily Kane Co. seems to be like Cook, I haven't even had a cop or ranger do more than wave let along hassle me on playing with my toys in their parks!

Edited by Joe Handley

northwest side of the city, norwood park area kind of, crook county for sure guys, jeesh :wacko: im just glad they are lenient on our 1:1 hot rods otherwise i'd gtfo of this place. winters arent too bad lol makes you prepare for the worst no matter were we at!

Hey Beavis, I used to live near Lawrence & Naragansett back in the mid 60's and it's still a good neighborhood.

oh yea high octane its still pretty decent, althought now that they leveled out the housing projects the mess is moving closer but it still aint bad, and joe, i pass busse everyday on my way to and from work. its a great little park. there is also a field by shciller park ( cumberland/irving) that is specifically fo the rc airplane guys, check it out

"mission" you say? hmmm i love my little neighborhood as im walking distance from two really great hobby stores. used to have 4 regular spots i'd hit but two went out of business :mellow:

I'm guessing you must live near Ram and Chicagoland hobby then. I'm not too far from you.

Stanton was the best around, great selection of aftermarket stuff and always lots of kits. I also used to like Zeinth hobby that was on Irving Park near Austin but they've been gone since about 94 or so. Do you guys know about the super secret hobby shop over on Belmont ?? I almost hate to mention it because I don't want everyone going there, talk about a selection of kits !!!

Illinois modelers, I just posted earlier today the upcoming NNL 20 in the Contest & Shows section. Check it out as there will be LOTS of models on the tables, a good raffle, rock n' roll music, and the other magazine will be shooting photos also. It's in the Milwaukee area and I hope to see you there!

Stanton was the best around, great selection of aftermarket stuff and always lots of kits. I also used to like Zeinth hobby that was on Irving Park near Austin but they've been gone since about 94 or so. Do you guys know about the super secret hobby shop over on Belmont ?? I almost hate to mention it because I don't want everyone going there, talk about a selection of kits !!!

timeless lol im there about once a month

Well Harry, another one of our ex-govenors who lived in "Crook County" now is living at the Graybar Hotel.

Yup. Makes me so proud to be an Illinoisan... :rolleyes:

Geez, can a state government be any more corrupt??? I swear, Abe Lincoln is spinning in his grave so fast there's smoke coming out of his tomb...