Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's hear it ILLINOIS modelers

Monte's Motors

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Countryside Collectors Classic Show Sunday March 20th from 10am to 2 pm @6240 Joliet road Countryside Illinois '' Park Place of Countryside '', since I was sick and missed Dupage last month, Im hoping this ones as good as the fall Countryside swap..........

• 4 months later...

I ran across a place called Lombard Hobbies while heading back to the office today, anybody familiar with it?

If its on St Charles , south side of street, pretty much was mostly trains the few times I wondered in. Its been 5 or more years since Ive been there.

If its on St Charles , south side of street, pretty much was mostly trains the few times I wondered in. Its been 5 or more years since Ive been there.

That's the one, I looked it up when I got home from work that night and discovered that, still kinda want to visit it though.  Kinda disappointed that they didn't have anything for plastic models or radio control, but from what I saw on their website, they're probably a part of why the HTU I worked for didn't have a huge number of model train customers, most of them were probably spending their money in that shop instead of the one I was at, especially if you were already in the Wheaton/Carol Stream area and the drive time would be comparable (they're about 30min from home and work and would be at least 45min from my old store) when you look at the selecion we had vs what they look to have!

Don't forget the GTR Summer NNL held this Sunday Aug. 7th from 9 a.m. 'til 2 p.m. with the theme being TV & Movie Cars. There will also be a swap meet in the parking lot. This event takes place at the Algonquin Township Office at 3702 U.S Hwy 14 in Crystal Lake, Illinois. See you there.

• 1 month later...

I was at the DuPage Fairgrounds yesterday in Wheaton for their semi annual swap meet and as always a good time, seeing the many people I've known in this hobby over all these years. Saw BIGTRUCK there also. Didn't get to buy much, only the latest issue (Contest) of Model Cars which is great and a few Hot Wheels for my grandson.

I was at the DuPage Fairgrounds yesterday in Wheaton for their semi annual swap meet and as always a good time, seeing the many people I've known in this hobby over all these years. Saw BIGTRUCK there also. Didn't get to buy much, only the latest issue (Contest) of Model Cars which is great and a few Hot Wheels for my grandson.

Good to see you again Nick...did you see Deans Corvair Rampside in that Contest issue. He brought it to Toledo when we went last year . 

• 1 month later...

Theres a toy and model swap in Dekalb Illinois on Sunday November 13th. The info sheet says 8th year, I never been to it or ever heard about it before and its a good ride from my house to Dekalb, has anyone ever been to this show? 

Edited by BIGTRUCK

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...