Model Cars Magazine Forum

Let's hear it ILLINOIS modelers

Monte's Motors

I'm not an Illinois modeller now, but from 1959/1965 I lived in a small town in Illinois called Cornell (Pop. 400) half way between Pontiac and Streator. Built my first model car there, when I got a Lindberg 32 Ford pick up for my birthday, and shortly thereafter, my sunday school teacher gave me an AMT 32 ford(first 3 in 1).....and I' ve been hooked ever since. I built a few model airplanes before that..A bunchMonogram P-40's and I remember a B 26 or two, but it was all cars after that....'Z'

I was a tough decision, Nick. Actually, cold weather brought terrific pain to my knees after a motorcycle accident in 2001. I needed warmer weather.

Humidity? We leave an air conditioned house to get into an air conditioned car that takes us to an air conditioned store. Same on the way home and then jump in the pool. Yard work gets done before 11:00am. Drink plenty of water.

Northwest suburban CROOK COUNTY. Harry hit it on the head when he said Crook versus Cook.

I am a member of GTR Modelers, CARS in Miniature and Lake Michigan Model Car Clubs.

I'm from Palos Hills. I had always wondered about the Lake Michigan club, can you give me any details?

The Capitol of Illinois.....Springfield,where the Govenors mansion is still empty.I'm just a stones throw away from the Capitol building.

Do me a favor and fling a few stones toward that Capitol building. Maybe you can knock some sense into our esteemed Illinois politicians... :rolleyes:

Like Jim, I USED to live in Illinois, having grown up in Waukegan. I was living in Winthrop Harbor up until June of 2005 when an employment opportunity was offered to me to move to Charlotte, NC. I had to decide between shoveling snow or sweating a little more during the summer and found that Old Spice deodorant is cheaper than a trip to the chiropractor! The happiest day in my life was selling that 8HP, dual stage, 30" wide snowblower and giving my winter coats to Goodwill!

I will admit that it was a lot of fun visiting many of the LHS and shows that were in the area but considering we have seen a total of maybe 10 inches of snow over the last 6 winters compared to probably 300+ inches in Northern Illinois over that same time frame, I am glad I moved! Add in the drama with the last Governor and how broke the state is, and I do feel bad for those of you still there.

I'm from Palos Hills. I had always wondered about the Lake Michigan club, can you give me any details?

Meets in Bensenville Illinois on the 3rd Saturday of the month. Meeting opens at around 7:00 PM and business starts at 8:00 PM. Tomorrow is annual open house.

It's at

Faith Community Church Hall at 192 South Center Street in Bensenville, IL. Which is a block west of York Road and about three blocks south of Irving Park Road.

We have people from over the area. Some from as far south as Franfort Illinois and even a member from Crown Point Indiana area.