Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dominik

...and more...

CIMG110921_44N.jpg

CIMG110921_54N.jpg

CIMG110921_64N.jpg

CIMG110921_74N.jpg

Well, what can I say?

That Body i had to have - and today i found it here in the forum and now i know the manufacture of it. That was the point i thougt its time, to share a part of my "Projekt 2011" with you.

Short work periods, perhaps ...

Part 1)

- Body primed and placed on the heater to dry - completely warped :angry:

- Check with interior and bottom plate with duct tape around and lashed "into shape"

- Set off in the sun

- Had luck, pulled back almost 100% straight. ;)

Part 2)

- Pre-painted, wet sanded, 8-Hour-BMF-Marathon on it, first Coat of clear lacquer

- dirt under the clear coat

- wet sanding again...

- New Clear Coat ... during the first run the paint have not liked themselves over the whole site :angry:

- Aborted paints

... now he's standing there, and rocked a bit dirty - he must be stripped anyway. Is disassembled and then the whole thing over again. Sh**

That's it again, thank you for your attention

This is one part of my "Trubinecar-Projekt 2011" - more coming up

Edited by Dominik

Dominik, That came out GREAT!!!! I had the pleasure of watchin this master being built. Jerry, the guy who mastered it, is a member of my club the DMCC, Jeff, of Motor City Resins who cast it,is a member also. It was a in-progress kinda thing and we got to see it come together from concept, to Master, to being cast in resin. Yours is the first BUILT one I've seen. I LIKE it!!!! :D:);)

Great concept! Turbine car is really nice, but Wagon version looks even better! Really nice, color is great, because it's not that original one. Maybe it would look better clean, but that's not bad. Amazing job with it, keep these coming. Turbine Car Pickup should be really nice too, or maybe 4 door sedan...

Holy cow! I love long roof's and this one is beautiful. But how do you think that tailgate opens? I notice the builder didn't scribe or mark in the lines so I am guessing that that aspect was never resolved.

A true wagon could never have had that sculptured a derrière and still be able to be opened for cargo.

Beautiful modeling work none the less and excellent weathering.

Holy cow! I love long roof's and this one is beautiful. But how do you think that tailgate opens? I notice the builder didn't scribe or mark in the lines so I am guessing that that aspect was never resolved.

A true wagon could never have had that sculptured a derrière and still be able to be opened for cargo.

I could see the hatch area opening like on the late, lamented Dodge Magnum. Just cut it back into the roof a tad at a straight line past the crown of the window. Use the top of the bumper as the base of the hatch, like the decklid of the 1:1 coupe did.

Thank you very much for these words. Thank you!

Beautiful modeling work none the less and excellent weathering.

My idea is, that only the window will open to the roof.

When i build it again (i will do), i test a opening version of it and make it in showroomcondition. ;)

Thanks for the link Kris.

Edited by Dominik

That's exactly what I was thinking!

It could be made a little more "practical" by moving the rear glass back and making it more vertical. The angle of the back glass as is really cuts into the interior room, which is what a station wagon is all about in the first place.

turbowagon.jpg