Model Cars Magazine Forum

Seafoam Catalina

1fine89

Cool...Good Job !!! I have built several models just over the last couple of years, has i have got back into this Crazy Wonderful Hobby..and my First Model ('55 Chevy Belair) is just my Favorite..I smile every time i look at it....Keep up the Good Work...Cheers B)

• 2 months later...

Alright, so I'm posting here to give myself a reminder that I have to finish this model so I can move on. I bought sandpaper, compound, and wax to finish the paint job on this one. I'm thinking of adding a vinyl top and some BMF (this will be my first attempt at BMF so wish me luck!)

I'm also thinking about lowering it more and putting wider white walls on it.

I've had a little trouble fitting the engine in due to the distributor wires I added so a little grinding of the firewall may be in order to make it all fit.

Here we go! more pictures to come before the weekend is out!

Please excuse the crappy cell phone progress pics but I wanted to show what I've done today!

vinyl top painted (found a great tutorial on this site that helped a a lot!!)

wet sanded, scratch remover applied, and multiple coats of wax!

photo2.jpg

The new lower stance I'm going for!

photo5.jpg

The rear, I painted the spot in between the trunk and bumper flat black, looks way better IMO

photo6.jpg

And one more picture for good measure!

A couple things I'm learning from this build

1. how important prep work is (while masking a little bit of paint flaked off. was able to fix it though)

2. use a better brand of masking paint

3. pre fit the motor before I paint the body

I will post more pictures once I get the BMF done. Anyone have a preference on what to use for BMF? A good place to buy it?

Thanks for the comments guys, love this site and the good attitude of this site keep me reading and coming back!

Edited by 1fine89