Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 Impala SS updates (12/29/11)

tyrone

You don't see too many full-size Chevys from the mid-60s in gold, which is too bad, because it looks nice on them.

Coming along nicely so far. If i may suggest- liven up under the hood a little. There are some details there that look like they need to be painted. You should also consider hitting that flat black with a coat of semi-gloss clear, as that will be closer to correct. it would also be wise to do that to the seats, as vinyl isn't dead-flat.

Charlie larkin

Tyrone, I like where this is going! Couple questions:

1) What silver(s) did you use on the part of the dash surrounding the speedometer? (Testors enamel? ModelMaster Metalizers?) Looks like you nailed the look.

2) Did you do anything to enhance the door lines? (Rescribe? Darker primer?) They look very realistic.

I look forward to seeing your next update.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

thanks fellas, I pulled this one back out today, and I got the body polished and bmf put on the body, I also got the glasses, in I still need to paint the headliner and detail the engine, and enigne compartment,, thanks for looking and comments welcome...

017.jpg

019.jpg

021-1.jpg

024-1.jpg

040.jpg

It's looking good Tyrone! '66 Chevies are my favorite! I used to own a Caprice. The grille on this kit opens up pretty easily. ;)

Thanks Roger I'll have to look into opening up the grille instead of painting it, I used to have a 66 2 door, and my dad used to have a 65 2 door, and I sold mine like an idiot...

thanks fellas, well I took Rogers advise and opened up the front grille, also finished up the bmf, and added the door handles and aide mirror, thanks for looking and comments welcome...

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

thanks again, the color is dupli color sunburst gold metallic..