Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Hornet's Nest: Hudson Hornet Build Madness!

Dr. Cranky

I am hoping someone (Slixx Decals?) will put out a version of these decals.

I doubt Slixx will, because nowadays if it ain't NHRA, they don't do it. There are others like Just Want To Build A Model that do make very nice NASCAR decal sheets, so we can only hope!

I'm still in the 'piddling with it' stage-

HUDSON012-vi.jpg

HUDSON013-vi.jpg

After I removed the 'paddles' from the kit wheels, I test fit one into a resin whitewall I had laying around.

Next up is removing the copyright engraving, up over where the rear axle goes-

HUDSON014-vi.jpg

And the other, up on top. Normally, this would not be visible unless you opened the trunk... so there's a clue for you as to one of the modifications I intend to make on mine. ;)

HUDSON015-vi.jpg

Got rid of the mold lines on the body- the rear ones are pretty faint but showed up with primer and a little wet sanding.

HUDSON001-vi.jpg

HUDSON002-vi.jpg

Not sure if any of the trim or handles will join the Jimmy Hoffa and the mold lines just yet. Guess we'll see shortly.

Edited by Chuck Most

Chuck, you've got my attention. I trimmed off those front fender lights, the door handles, and some of those light mold lines on the body, but I left the side trim . . . I hope to be able to do something interesting in the paint booth shortly.

Keep the eye candy coming, everyone. Let's see if by the time Halloween comes around (Wow, a Halloween Hornet Build!) we have a bunch of these suckers build to show Moebius what happens when they put out a new kit!

Cheers!