Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Hornet's Nest: Hudson Hornet Build Madness!

Dr. Cranky

Thanx, Stephen ;) !

Not too Fancy update, but just wanted to let you know, that body is now ready for paint. I'm waiting now for the paint, I should get it tomorrow, so hopefully it'll be in Blue soon. Then I must paint the white top, of course.

I have to move on to the interior too.

P6270041-vi.jpg

P6270042-vi.jpg

Thanx, Stephen ;) !

Not too Fancy update, but just wanted to let you know, that body is now ready for paint. I'm waiting now for the paint, I should get it tomorrow, so hopefully it'll be in Blue soon. Then I must paint the white top, of course.

I have to move on to the interior too.

Actually, you might want to paint the white first, then the blue. ;) That'll make it a bit easier.

Yep, it might be easier like that. :D But I'll do the blue first, some how it's just my style and I'm used to it. For Example I painted red first on this '55 Chevy (1/32 Scale though) and then the white.

Don't know why I do it this way but it works okay, though. :lol:

There's nothing like Fresh paint job B) !

I started by taping the top, it will be painted white later on.

P6290106-vi.jpg

And here's the body with some blue on it, looks pretty good. In the picture, the paint is wet and it is not going to be that glossy when it's dry, but clearcoat and polishing will help.

P6290108-vi.jpg

P6290107-vi.jpg

P6290109-vi.jpg

P6290115-vi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Top of My Hornet is painted White. It turned out pretty good, but when I took masking tapes off, I saw that there had been little "Leak" and now I need to do little fixing with blue paint. Luckily that white paint will be covered mostly with BMF, only little blue paint touch is needed. I will clearcoat the body soon.

P8020258-vi.jpg

P8020259-vi.jpg

P8020260-vi.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx, Stephen. Color combo fits perfectly to this car, that's why I had to keep it, even if the boxart has same color scheme on it. Usually I paint my models with different color than the box art.

Anyway, here is the body clearcoated. It turned out pretty good. Now I have to fix those little paint leaks, I didn't want to do it before clearcoat, because I wasn't sure if the clear would react with Blue Enamel Paint... So, it can be done after clear, too. Then polishing and BMF, this should be Done Soon!

P8110171-vi.jpg

P8110172-vi.jpg

P8110173-vi.jpg

P8110175-vi.jpg

P8110179-vi.jpg

Thanks guys! It's shiny, but not so smooth-after polishing it will be beautiful. Anyway I'm having bit hurries, and it will take some time to get back on the Hudson, maybe a week or so.

Chuck, nice job on the Convertible! Will watch this very closely.