Model Cars Magazine Forum

Re-issue of the Johan '59 Rambler wagon coming from Model King / IMC

S. Svendsen

Harry, if I remember my reissue Johan (from 2002??) it is a curbside.

My big question, will it be like the Johan where it can be built as the pickup also?? Will it also have the goodies like the bowling bag and taxi sign?

Harry, if I remember my reissue Johan (from 2002??) it is a curbside.

My big question, will it be like the Johan where it can be built as the pickup also?? Will it also have the goodies like the bowling bag and taxi sign?

THe last reissue of this had a few tips and pointers to convert it to a pickup, but no actual parts were supplied. Basically you just got a few guidelines on where to cut the roof- the rest was all up to you. Along with this, there were some breif steps on turning it into a 4-door sedan printed on the box sides.

Any chance there is a Touch Tone Terror kit in the future???? Or Maybe Johan Hearse kit????

Actually Lindberg has what's left of the Touch Tone Terror kit as in the "Little Red Wagon" so there's hope.

FYI, the new IMC brand has no connection to the old IMC. The new brand is Illinois Model Company. As for the 59 Rambler Wagon, it's a 1/25th scale curbside kit so no engine and the chassis is an early promo "flat plate" style part same as the last issue.

Unfortunately I don't believe that there's anything left of the Johan Hearse kit. Of course I would love to be wrong on that point.

-Steve

The SC/Rambler or Javelin kits might supply a V8- from what I understand the Jo-Han AMC V8s were all first-generation later half-heartedly 'dolled up' to resemble the second-gen AMC V8s. That and you'd have to fill in the gigantic axle hole.

I do hope MK/IMC nixes the green 'bottle glass' for this one.

Does anyone have any recommendations as far as engine/chassis readily available that could work with this kit?

I'm going to have to dig up that old SAE article where Juha Airio did his magic and made '57 or '58 Rambler Sedan (or something like that) out of an old Johan Rambler Wagon promo. I'm thinking he started with a '56 Chevy chassis but I've killed off many brain cells since that was built.

-Steve